Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keith Emerson has passed away

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
The Rodmell road site was all Girls , the Boulevard , mixed grammar . A boy failing his 11 plus before 73 in the Durrington , Maybridge area would have gone to West Tarring and had his head flushed down the loo on his first day .:)

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
He went to work at Lloyds Registrars after West Tarring. Also the Quittetons were brothers, pretty sure The musical one wrote Maggie May for Rod Stewart and was in the local band Steamhammer. Keith Emerson RIP, another hero gone.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Only Wakeman now remains, of the keyboard Gods of yore....

John Paul Jones, Vangelis, Stevie Wonder and Booker T spring to mind.

But that's about it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Isn't he supposed to have gone to Tarring School in Worthing. I could see their playing fields from my bedroom window when I was a boy.

I trod those sacred fields in my youth.....right back for the u14s third team....still got a cracking scar on my left knee after a sliding tackle over the edge of a half buried flint.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
John Paul Jones, Vangelis, Stevie Wonder and Booker T spring to mind.

But that's about it.

Apologies; I meant of the sword and sorcery, cloak wearing and dagger wielding variety. However Van Leer remains well and truly in Focus, he of flute, yodelling keyboardy mastery...

Hocus Pocus indeed.

Kosh

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Loved the Strawbs and Journey to The Centre of the Earth, music of my youth.

I own the Strawbs in concert 2cd collection, the Rick Wakeman solo piece on that mother is a thing of scorching beauty. I can only imagine how big the Strawbs would have been had they been able to contain his talent, and utter "no" to Yes. Don't get me wrong Blue Weaver could play, but he was no Rick.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Sad news about Keith, RIP.
Another one still knocking around is Rod Argent. From Wiki: "Hold Your Head Up". "His Hammond B3 solo on that track is cited by Rick Wakeman as the greatest organ solo ever".

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Sad news about Keith, RIP.
Another one still knocking around is Rod Argent. From Wiki: "Hold Your Head Up". "His Hammond B3 solo on that track is cited by Rick Wakeman as the greatest organ solo ever".

Just read that in Prog magazine; Mr Argent comes across as a likeable and down to earth fellow. Indeed he's a cracking player, his work with the Zombies was also incredible.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Saw the Strawbs, Yes and ELP at The Dome. Never realised how lucky I was.

Wow! born too late was I, balls. How I wish I could've been there.

Matthew fisher of Procol Harum, and Gary Brooker likewise to other greats of the Prog realm... Shame they fell out, life is clearly too short for such bollocks.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I'd like to put on record to anyone I have ever offended on this here board that I am genuinely sorry. Life is too short, I don't seek forgivness, nor recognition only peace in my soul. Before it's too late, well you never know when...

Dark were my days of yore, and my brief dance with death prior to Christmas has changed my perspective on pointless quests to score pointless points against decent people I don't even know. This and the sobering passing of so many greats close to my heart.

Be at peace and know that I love you all as my brother's as life is just too short for shite.

Anyway,

Kosh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here