Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keith Andews - 5live now (Utd v Fulham)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I predicted this would happen back last August, Moyes was the wrong fit for the job. Trouble is he accepts Fergie sitting there looking down on him whilst other big name managers may have made it clear they didn't want him to be there.

History is repeating itself after Sir Matt Busby retired.

He's the wrong man SHORT TERM, but could well end up being the right man LONG TERM.

theboybilly

I predicted this would happen back last August, Moyes was the wrong fit for the job. Trouble is he accepts Fergie sitting there looking down on him whilst other big name managers may have made it clear they didn't want him to be there.

History is repeating itself after Sir Matt Busby retired.

Indeed, and having the 'Sir Alex Ferguson Stand' in place ready for his replacement to look up to all through a match was a very poor decision. He already has a statue outside FFS

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
How long has Moyes got then? It surely can't be too long. Taking a team from champions to a distant seventh place in seven months is hilariously bad. It seems to me like a lot of people are overplaying two cards.

1) Sir Alex 'looking over' him. I have seen absolutely no evidence that the great man is interfering in any way. He is simply attending matches in his role as director. The fact the TV companies choose to show his face every ten minutes when United are struggling has no bearing on Moyes.

2) The frequently expressed view that Sir Alex left behind a weak and poor squad that Moyes can now allow to plummet down the table while he 'rebuilds'. While this may be true to a certain extent, the huge detail that everyone who spouts this is missing is that this squad under Sir Alex WON THE LEAGUE only last season. So presumably anyone who says this must either acknowledge that Sir Alex alone ensured United finished six places higher than their squad should be, or that Moyes is grossly underachieving.

Forget Sir Alex, it is clear to me that Manchester United, even if they cannot be title challengers, should still at least be above Everton, Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal. In fact, they are comfortably behind all four. If this was City or Chelsea with Moyes in charge in this position he'd have been out the door weeks ago. Surely it's a matter of time before United do the same.

Spot on.
As for Keith Andrews, intelligent midfielder but the legs might be starting to go.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Maybe the Glazers will pull the trigger. Ultimately they use United as their cash cow and while its earning power might be huge, it is shrinking like their form on the pitch, and that's what will motivate the Glazers to sack him.

I reckon the final straw may be as soon as two weeks time when they get knocked out of the Champs League and certainly if they fail to finish the Prem in the top four. Failure to qualify for the Champs league will be very hard to overcome.

I'm not sure that Moyes will be allowed the same sort of honeymoon period that Fergie enjoyed after his rocky start as manager.

Mind you it will be interesting to see who might replace Moyes.

All this must be causing so much pain for their die hard fans in Basildon and Guildford.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
How can you say a team containing the likes of Rooney, RVP and Mata are in decline ? Mata today looked like he wasn't worth 37p let alone 37million, it feels like they are not putting it all in for Moyes and there will be only one winner in this situation.

Moyes out and Fergie back as I've predicted for ages is what will happen, most of the backroom staff such as Phelan still haven't got jobs and Meulenstein will be jobless soon so easy to set up the old staff

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here