Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Keir Starmer

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Simster the dimster are you one of these who are on social media point scoring because you THINK you know better?

If so I would stop it NOW, as everyone will label you as being a sad c*** , and it will stick, feck your political views and look at the action and what has been achieved by so many in such a short time.

You and your mates pick holes only in the government if you want to find scapegoats that are killing people, then look at the twats who go for a picnics, have parties, run around in a crowded park and so on.

I saw a bus full of private double-decker bus full of young people get off one by one to go shopping at Tescos today, it just needed one to have Covid19 on that bus.

Was that the government fault?

There will be a ton of people that you and the media and others can call out just for your political agenda when this quietens down but in the meantime show some solidarity and grow up.

Your hate for a tory is just the sort of dumb f*ckery that is inexcusable in this worldwide situation.

The trouble is your political prejudices are declared all the time.... and in everyone's face. I agree with some of your sentiments but your potty language is inappropriate and you are not well placed to seize the moral high ground.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
All of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTSpeaking to relatives in Germany mention is made in there media that we got got so many doctors/nurses out of retirement and over quarter millions of volunteers They are criticising Merkel for not doing same

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
HKFC is right. You tiresome, sycophantic Tories who don't like us nasty non-believers holding them to account for their predictable shit-show can all get stuffed. It is no surprise that the people here moaning at HKFC for not getting behind the government are almost exclusively Tory lap dogs.

But for the rest of us, they're a crap government who have made a bunch of predictable incompetent mistakes. As well as the many that [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] points out, you can also add the mixed messages sent out by Gove - an overgrown schoolboy who looks like he wants his bottom spanked - who then wonders why people aren't paying heed. Again, odd that a man who has spent 3 years telling people we've had enough of experts, suddenly expects people to do everything they say.

Not forgetting Bumbling Boris of course whilst telling us to maintain social distancing.

I've just been to a Hospital and shook hands with the Coronavirus patients.
Yes, I am going to see my Mother on Mothers day.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Simster the dimster are you one of these who are on social media point scoring because you THINK you know better?

If so I would stop it NOW, as everyone will label you as being a sad c*** , and it will stick, feck your political views and look at the action and what has been achieved by so many in such a short time.

You and your mates pick holes only in the government if you want to find scapegoats that are killing people, then look at the twats who go for a picnics, have parties, run around in a crowded park and so on.

I saw a bus full of private double-decker bus full of young people get off one by one to go shopping at Tescos today, it just needed one to have Covid19 on that bus.

Was that the government fault?
Coming from a simpleton like you, I'd consider being labelled a cock a badge of honour.

You're the worst kind of stupid Tory voting idiot. You see, I've already explained WHY people ignoring government advice is not entirely the fault of the people and why the government should shoulder some of the blame.

As the sort of Brexit voting village idiot that you are, you won't have noticed that Michael Gove campaigned on the basis that expert bodies commenting on Brexit should be ignored. Funnily enough though, this snivelling two-faced little prick now demands everybody listens to expert advice and yet doesn't understand why some don't.

Basically, this government reek of incompetence as far as I'm concerned, and I'm afraid you've proven yourself far too stupid over the past year or two to bother listening to. As such, I don't really care what your opinion is of people who are unimpressed with this government's handling of this pandemic.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
You seem a really nice bloke, but your constant whinging and attempts to shut down debate when it is these useless Tories being held to account really IS sickening.

Whinge, moi!
I may have a little whinge now and again, but nothing on the scale of a few on here who shall remain nameless, but alluded to by Weststander.
I certainly don't want to shut down debate and in an earlier post I welcomed the choice of KS as leader of the Labour Party and hold the hope that he will remould the party into a credible opposition capable of holding the Government to account, unlike the previous regime.
Anyway, good to see you are back to your Rotweiler ways; you must be feeling better.:thumbsup:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I certainly have no blind support for the Government and I am entirely behind government advice, the NHS, key workers et al and if you read other posts by me you will realise this.
In particular, I have stood up for the medics and boffins, sometimes opposing the views of other posters.
I didn’t say you weren’t entirely behind government advice, the NHS, key workers et al. I just commented that support here was more appropriate than defending the government. I’d urge caution though when judging scientists as the Scottish CMO has shown, the boffins aren’t infallible.

Do you seriously suggest that I don't want the best possible outcome for the country and its citizens and would rather blindly support what you believe to be a failing Government? What utter drivel.
I believe you want the best possible outcome for this Country and citizens, I have not suggested otherwise, we all do. It appears (and do correct me) that you believe that the government is not failing, that is something I would disagree on.

You accuse me of having blind support for the Government, but If you set aside your utter hatred of the Tory Government and looked at what I actually said in my post, I think you may see that it doesn't warrant your rant at me. I merely suggested that perhaps Keir Starmer would be better served showing a united front and express his thoughts and views behind closed doors, where no doubt many a heated discussion takes place. In no way does that preclude him from holding the Government to account. He may also benefit from being put fully in the picture as regards what is actually being done and the problems that are being met and that have to be surmounted. I do not think that is such a dreadful position to take.
Starmer needed to draw a line under the previous 3 months of the government’s handling of this. This is because he wants to avoid any accountability for their previous actions now that he is ‘in the loop’. This is in keeping with his lawyer background and is an expected and sensible political move. Now that he has publicly voiced his opinion on previous mistakes however, I suspect he’ll amplifying appropriate government messages as a priority and helping them where he can from now on until the crisis is over.

On a slightly different note, as a democrat, I am delighted that the Labour Party now has a leader of credibility and will hopefully restore the party into one that is capable of providing a proper alternative to the Government........unlike the previous regime.It is a view I have always held and have expressed several times on this forum.
Agreed. I’m delighted the likes of Abbott, Gardiner and Long-Bailey appear to have been cast out the door as the opposition becomes credible once again.

Finally, your paragraph re totalitarian dictatorship just doesn't warrant an answer and I am insulted by the fact that you think I would be sympathetic and support such regimes.
You misread that.

At no point did I suggest you were sympathetic or supporting those regimes. There is only one poster on here I’d level that accusation at and we all know who they are.

They were examples of governments that use war rhetoric to garner support and deflect. Both our Popularist government and the one over the pond have jumped on this type of language in the current global crisis which I find very concerning.

PS I come from a long line of those who have served the NHS as surgeon, doctors and nurses and still have relatives working for the NHS, so I can do without lectures from political warriors like you telling me to get behind the NHS.

I’m not a ‘political warrior’, I don’t belong to any party or consistently vote in one direction (I’ve voted for four different parties in my lifetime). I’ve said on more that one occasion that Thatcher would have been an ideal leader for this crisis and that Farage was calling it right weeks and weeks ago when he wanted the borders closed.

I was also assuming you were fully behind the NHS and was advising you that your rallying call was better placed supporting them rather than wasting your efforts appearing to defend the government at all costs and criticising the newly formed opposition where you can.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
With a few individual differences ,all countries have basically followed the same patterns and no Government was prepared for this pandemic.
South Korea had some experience of previous epidemics and took quick action................Sweden have gone completely the other way.
Before condemning, our Government, out of hand, I suggest we see how this all pans out throughout the world, but in the meantime learn from each other.
Undoubtably mistakes will have been made by Governments, medics and scientists as we are basically dealing with the unknown and there are always will be plenty of differing opinions about the best course of action.
The easiest thing in the world is to say' Shit show'.
P.S.I seem to recall you made a right prat of yourself in your early calls on the virus.......just saying.

Please stop posting such common sense on here -that is not what the punters want to read.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Public prosecutor when Jimmy Saville could have been arrested you say? The Tory tabloid machine wheels begin rolling...

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Coming from a simpleton like you, I'd consider being labelled a cock a badge of honour.

You're the worst kind of stupid Tory voting idiot. You see, I've already explained WHY people ignoring government advice is not entirely the fault of the people and why the government should shoulder some of the blame.

As the sort of Brexit voting village idiot that you are, you won't have noticed that Michael Gove campaigned on the basis that expert bodies commenting on Brexit should be ignored. Funnily enough though, this snivelling two-faced little prick now demands everybody listens to expert advice and yet doesn't understand why some don't.

Basically, this government reek of incompetence as far as I'm concerned, and I'm afraid you've proven yourself far too stupid over the past year or two to bother listening to. As such, I don't really care what your opinion is of people who are unimpressed with this government's handling of this pandemic.

Yes, it is all Gove's fault that folk are BBQing on the beach, and you call others idiots!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

You could just block him, like I have. Judging by the replies he gets, he's still blowing wet air, and nobody agrees with him. That's all I need to know. Still, I get some amusement from reading responses such as yours. It confirms my belief in (some of) humanity. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can’t believe that the “Jolly Red Large One“ hasn’t pontificated one this thread yet, unless I missed it.

I think he got a ban for constantly promoting his soppy ideas. He has an answer for everything (that suits him) and moves swiftly on when an awkward question is asked. Exactly like old Droopy, but with more and better words. And, like Droopy, no actual comment on Brighton and Hove Albion. Ever. So, like Droopy, a worthy recipient of a permanent ban.

Oh, hang on.....

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Sounds Great ,but he spent three years trying to stall Democracy, that alone despite his qualifications will linger like a bad smell
Regards
DF

Other than a few members of the lunatic fringe like you, I don't think anyone is going back over the last three years, but people are more worried about the here and now and the future.

Going forward, Keir Starmer would be much more capable of doing what is right for the COMMON good, rather than looking after the interests of BoJo, his ERG cronies and a bunch of ministers chosen more for their Brexit credentials rather than their talent.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes, it is all Gove's fault that folk are BBQing on the beach, and you call others idiots!
I'll type this slowly so that even you can understand.

I am NOT saying that sort of thing is entirely Gove's fault. I am saying that when dealing with the masses, you have to deal in very broad strokes, and when a senior member of the government has spent three years telling people to ignore expert advice when it suits him, he sure cannot be surprised when people ignore expert advice when it doesn't.

Now I'd have thought that was a fairly clear and concise point, but as another member of the hypocritical Tory NSC cheerleading clan, who sees fit to be rude to others for disagreeing when it suits him but doesn't like receiving it himself, it doesn't really surprise me to see my point sail comfortably over your head.

You can now go and sit in the corner for Tory thickets. Go and gibber insanely and tut loudly at the photos in the Sunday Mail with fellow simpleton, Mouldy Boots.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'll type this slowly so that even you can understand.

I am NOT saying that sort of thing is entirely Gove's fault. I am saying that when dealing with the masses, you have to deal in very broad strokes, and when a senior member of the government has spent three years telling people to ignore expert advice when it suits him, he sure cannot be surprised when people ignore expert advice when it doesn't.

Now I'd have thought that was a fairly clear and concise point, but as another member of the hypocritical Tory NSC cheerleading clan, who sees fit to be rude to others for disagreeing when it suits him but doesn't like receiving it himself, it doesn't really surprise me to see my point sail comfortably over your head.

You can now go and sit in the corner for Tory thickets. Go and gibber insanely and tut loudly at the photos in the Sunday Mail with fellow simpleton, Mouldy Boots.

Top quality abuse, and another guffaw from me. In an attempt to limit the amount of abuse I post on NSC, however, and blow me down, this is another waste of fingers and internet access that I have had to put on ignore. On behalf of the rest of the sane, I salute your indefatigability (again).

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I watched his acceptance speech on YouTube and mistakenly started to read some of the comments. Apparently according to the amoeba brained posting on there they will sticking to voting for the tories because they don’t want to vote for someone from the elite and they don’t want to vote for someone posh. If only their little brain knew how to use google they could find out that he grew up in a council house and his mum was a nurse and dad a tool maker. But no they, will vote for someone who went to Eton instead. Ducking sh1t from brains. Couldn’t make it up.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Paint the shed, mend the kids bikes, cut my sons hair, charge the battery on the missus car and my motorbike and watch an episode of Frasier.

Ps the shed is NOT red.

Fair enough, what shocks should I be expecting???

I just think - nay, am convinced - that Keir Starmer is a lot more capable and will be far more effective than you think. He is renowned for his attention to detail, whereas Boris is famous for surviving on bluff and bluster. Boris will have an opposition to contend with.

But at the same time he will support the government in whatever they are doing now that is needed, and will be constructive in what he and his party does.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think he got a ban for constantly promoting his soppy ideas. He has an answer for everything (that suits him) and moves swiftly on when an awkward question is asked. Exactly like old Droopy, but with more and better words. And, like Droopy, no actual comment on Brighton and Hove Albion. Ever. So, like Droopy, a worthy recipient of a permanent ban.

Oh, hang on.....

So if I said something like 'Hughton still not got a job!!' JRG can read it but can't comment!!!! There is a god!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here