Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Keir Starmer getting constantly heckled in his keynote conference speech

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The Corbynite rump can't stand it that they lost so badly. Fortunately they're gone and won't be coming back.

The difference is Labour are clearing out the loons, the Tories cleaned out their grown ups

The Corbyn lot need to disappear and start the Morning Star party...

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Fortunately looking at the audience there are not too many white males there today.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
White privileges or have they blacked up then ???

Regards
DF

Chosen not to attend and let others in instead to show the full diversity of the labour party hopefully.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Just wandered past on my lunch break and saw Piers Corbyn outside the front of Odeon handing out his bonkers pamphlets. Not sure if its possible but he looked even more pathetic IRL. Utterly bizarre.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just wandered past on my lunch break and saw Piers Corbyn outside the front of Odeon handing out his bonkers pamphlets. Not sure if its possible but he looked even more pathetic IRL. Utterly bizarre.

What's even more bizarre is the he was Johnson's go to man on climate change for many years. He even used to reference him at Mayor's Question Time.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Starmer is very good. Some decent stuff.

Problem is, as this week has shown, it’s the people behind him, that are the problem. Just look how some MPs have bullied the excellent Canterbury MP.

I’d vote for him, but not Labour.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Indeed, Labour has been flatlining in the polls for a long time apart from the occasional blip when the government shoots itself in the foot (or both feet). Many members/supporters seem to prefer them to be a party of protest calling political opponents scum rather than a credible opposition. I expect one of them will be along soon blaming the Daily Mail for the current state of the Labour party ...

It's quite astounding that the governement have shot both feet and legs off completely , bumble about it merely being a flesh wound and still we still have no credible opposition.

It's like no one with any morals or talent wants to go into politics.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The heckling is not good and will only give fuel to the Tories and right wing press but they are just more preferable than a granny with a blue wig waving a union jack as if everything is fine and great in this country being run by hopeless idiots.

Problem is the blue rinse brigade are doing fine. They are retired, don't have to struggle with the gig economy, own a nice little pile in Budleigh Salterton, have a nice index linked pension, can watch Strictly and the GB Bake Off, and that nice Boris has got rid of Johnny Foreigner and given them back their shiny Blue Passport. This crowd would vote for a donkey with a blue rosette. It will always be Party before Country

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
What's even more bizarre is the he was Johnson's go to man on climate change for many years. He even used to reference him at Mayor's Question Time.

Is it bizarre? Really? Johnson surrounds himself with people that can feed him whatever message he needs to validate whatever position he's decided to take up this time. Cuckoo Corbyn was just one of a long list of patsies. The only shock is that he's not got a knighthood yet

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Just watched it all.

Starmer has done enough to be listened to further

Long speech. Huge doses of Blairism. Some surprising themes. Positioning himself as the adult in the room, which I suppose he is.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I take this as a positive. He is taking on the loons and every time they pipe up it reminds the public that Starmer stands for something different. He also wants to reach out to voters who previously rejected Labour ie not just navel gaze with the usual suspects like Angela Raynor seems to want to do. Needs to appeal to the lost votes up north not the comfortable southern middle classes.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Problem is the blue rinse brigade are doing fine. They are retired, don't have to struggle with the gig economy, own a nice little pile in Budleigh Salterton, have a nice index linked pension, can watch Strictly and the GB Bake Off, and that nice Boris has got rid of Johnny Foreigner and given them back their shiny Blue Passport. This crowd would vote for a donkey with a blue rosette. It will always be Party before Country

You have nicely glossed over the early lives of many pensioners who would have grown up in a much worse time than you.

Envy is a very nasty trait.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Starmer is a vast improvement on Corbyn and the last of Corbyn's trolls are making a very noisy exit.

However, Labour won't be electable again until Andy Burnham takes over. And he will take over.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
You have nicely glossed over the early lives of many pensioners who would have grown up in a much worse time than you.

Envy is a vary nasty trait.

Where is there any envy in that post, good luck to them

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Starmer has not got the charisma or the charm of Boris, but those are not the qualities Britain needs. I don't give a shit about presentation, it is all about substance, about the ability to understand the issues, formulating a plan for tackling those issues and then assembling a team sufficiently motivated and able to deliver.

I like that Starmer sorted the anti-Semitism and is taking on the Corbynite faction of the party. I also think he is assembling a decent Shadow Cabinet and was ruthless enough to sack those that were under-performing after the disastrous May election results. I think Rachel Reeves, Lisa Nandy, David Lammy and Jonathan Ashworth are talented and they have good people coming through like Peter Kyle and Wes Streeting.

However, they have to convince the British public that they are electable, and that is a tough job. I think what they are missing are players like Alistair Campbell and Peter Mandelson to help get their message across more effectively. The media have been hung up on Angela Rayner's "Scum" comment for days - a matter of froth, not substance, and Starmer's battles with the Corbynites and the unions. These are side issues - he WILL win those battles, but Labour cannot afford to drift while he does so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here