Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keep the faith in Bloom, Barber and the Board..........

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Why would it need 15 mil?

It would show intent,otherwise we are doing what we always have,make no mistake,budget wise and allowing for inflation,we are not really better off than we were at the Goldstone.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
it was either going to get sorted out within a day or so (by mutual agreement) or once the gloves were off and the lawyers got involved it was going to take a few weeks to pick through contracts, seek evidence, find the dirt, etc. Now both parties find them in a position where the longer it goes on the more both will suffer. The clock is ticking and Gus and the Albion are missing out on opportunities, ie new club, signings, new manager. So, either both parties compromise (I can't see it), someone shows their cards or calls the other party's bluff.

When it reaches this stage i know who's the more successful gambler. Keep your bottle Tony!

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Crazy how long this has taken. There's been a few suspensions at work and they took a maximum of a week to investigate!! I know Gus is off on his travels but surely they could have made a decision by now?

If this thing with Gus is so serious why has he gone away playing golf, or whatever else he's doing?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If this thing with Gus is so serious why has he gone away playing golf, or whatever else he's doing?

Well to be fair he is not going to do much else,also he did promise us golf.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

what should he do, sit at home and wait? Modern days comms make the world a smaller place. Anyway, is he abroad?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I think it's patience that's in short supply rather than faith, People just want to know what the hell is going on and what we're all investing in for next season.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Reading between the lines the board will be going all out for the PL exciting times ahead.

Surely if Tony were going to go all out for the Premier League then he would have paid off Poyet by now and have the new chap in place already.

This suggests to me

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I strongly suspect the next manager is already in place. Just a case of sorting out a few loose ends from both parties. I believe this because the lack of rumours and noises coming out from the club itself and the local press is quite worrying. It will be going on a month next week, you would have thought the Argus would be throwing names about left, right and centre.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I strongly suspect the next manager is already in place. Just a case of sorting out a few loose ends from both parties. I believe this because the lack of rumours and noises coming out from the club itself and the local press is quite worrying. It will be going on a month next week, you would have thought the Argus would be throwing names about left, right and centre.

Perhaps the Argus have agreed to keep schtum until the club have sorted things out? To me, the lack of rumours and leaks shows a degree of professionalism about this from all concerned.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Surely if Tony were going to go all out for the Premier League then he would have paid off Poyet by now and have the new chap in place already.

This suggests to me
Make no mistake TB would have been ****ing livid with Poyet for blowing the chance of 125 million come on all the investment last season and we cant even beat (now lets be honest) a not very good Palace side at home? Its not even the players fault it was the shit formation our biggest game for years and Poyet ****ed it up. Not in a million years after that bollocks would he hand Poyet 2 Million.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Make no mistake TB would have been ****ing livid with Poyet for blowing the chance of 125 million come on all the investment last season and we cant even beat (now lets be honest) a not very good Palace side at home? Its not even the players fault it was the shit formation our biggest game for years and Poyet ****ed it up. Not in a million years after that bollocks would he hand Poyet 2 Million.

Unless that is what is would take to get shot of him so he could begin the rebuilding process and get everything thing in place for an 'all out' assault on the Premier League.

However while we are speaking on behalf of Tony and assuming we know what he is thinking.

I suspect Tony understands that these things happen in football and appreciated the fantastic job that Gus had done getting us into that position after joining us at the bottom of league 1 a few years ago.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There are three people on suspension for breach of contract, not just one. It isn't as simple as Bloom v Poyet.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I think it's patience that's in short supply rather than faith, People just want to know what the hell is going on and what we're all investing in for next season.

Hello Bulldog,i have my knickers in a twist (well boxers anyway) and for me,it is the lack of faith that creates impatience,for if you know that you will meet destiny,than you have all the time in the world..............your right it's impatience!!!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reckon it's a pretty safe bet that Tony Bloom has already put the wheels in motion to safeguard his investment and try to keep the upward momentum going. Almost certainly a few done deals behind the scenes that need to be kept confidential while the suspension thing plays itself out in accordance with employment laws.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here