Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keep Off!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You ignore this at your peril.

Yes I loved celebrating promotions on the pitch at the Goldstone and Withdean.... but things have moved on, it just doesn't seem worth it to me.
No they haven't. Reading had a pitch invasion for almost making the playoffs.

Half of us didn't support Brighton the last time we were in the top flight, to not have a pitch invasion would be wrong IMO.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You ignore this at your peril.

Yes I loved celebrating promotions on the pitch at the Goldstone and Withdean.... but things have moved on, it just doesn't seem worth it to me.

I can see there being a few jobsworth stewards.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sheffield United were the away side. Wasn't their responsibility to control the crowd :thumbsup:
You are Alan Partridge and I claim my five pounds.

So has the home side been deducted points?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
ridiculous from Barber. True suit lacking the feel of a real fan.

All about Control.

No one is going to be digging the pitch up. It will be people in mainly trainers for less than 30 minutes. The grounds men wouldn't have a problem sorting that.

As for the threat of exclusion .... shame on you !!

Crazy to even put this out when we've waited nearly 40 years for this and many close to the current supporters no longer alive.

On the pitch and celebrate. Bloody stiffs !!

Not ridiculous at all. I think you will find that every single club in the league would say exactly the same thing if in our position, KEEP OFF THE PITCH! Health and safety and all that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Would be the laughing stock - "oh that team that won promotion to the Premier league for the first time ever, just sat in their seats and happy-clapped away!! "

Yep, you're right. All those proper teams like Villa, Derby and Norwich, sat 20-30 points behind us will be laughing their TITS off at us for not celebrating promotion to the Premier League in the correct fashion :rolleyes:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
If fans can't get on the pitch at the end of Bristol City game IF we do up, then I think it will leave a very sour taste with a lot of supporters.

Almost every club has a pitch invasion when it is promoted, we will look extremely 'tinpot' if we don't have one and will be righty abused all over social media.

Players and staff will do a lap of honour after the Wigan game no matter what, so a big 'F you' to the fans that are against a pitch invasion because they want to see the players do a nice little walk around the pitch.

Some people.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Question - Could the EFL (and whereas it may be unlikely) deduct points for a pitch invasion under some known or spurious context ?

Anyone heard any threats of anything like this happening to Sheff Utd or Doncaster?...............................................................................

Thought not.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm a most respectful chap, but I am not sure I will be able to contain myself. It doesn't mean I drop a blessed excretion in the centre-spot or attempt to steal corner flag, but by jingo what a moment it'd be, and what a sight to see in terms of such a stream of overjoyed people who've sung their hearts out for an age for this moment.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Its amazing how people grasp at this as an opportunity to blame Barber for something yet again. Its a statement that's been made in the past at the end of exciting seasons. Probably the wording is pretty similar too. I assume in spite of Barbers lack of involvement in the club at those times we are blaming him retrospectively for all similar press releases

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
If we were still at Withdean, there could be an arrangement that on the final whistle, everyone runs around the track clockwise, therefore protecting the grass...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here