Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keep Hyppia sack Jones

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Sacking Jones to keep Hyypia would be ridiculous.
Jones is a very good coach and would walk into another job (or wait and see where Oscar ends up).
If Hyypia needs an experienced number two why is he the manager, he should be learning as an assistant to someone else.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have no issue with Jones, he comes across as articulate and passionate and the fact that Oscar wanted him to go to Israel with him speaks volumes to me. Hyypia also decided he was OK to appoint after getting nowhere in his own quest for an assistant. Hyypia comes across as dull and not too bright, I accept this could be a language thing. Two of his chosen assistants said thanks but no thanks to joining him at the Albion, Maybe bad luck or timing or maybe they both decided it would look bad on their cv a few months down the line?

Terrible idea to sack Jones and keep Hyypia imo.

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
I have no issue with Jones, he comes across as articulate and passionate and the fact that Oscar wanted him to go to Israel with him speaks volumes to me. Hyypia also decided he was OK to appoint after getting nowhere in his own quest for an assistant. Hyypia comes across as dull and not too bright, I accept this could be a language thing. Two of his chosen assistants said thanks but no thanks to joining him at the Albion, Maybe bad luck or timing or maybe they both decided it would look bad on their cv a few months down the line?

Terrible idea to sack Jones and keep Hyypia imo.

Agree. Hyypia chooses the team, the tactics and takes the training sessions so must therefore be the fall guy if things are not going right. Im sure Jones has an impact but the final call is Hyypia`s. If (and when) Hyypia goes, it would be good to bring in a new Manager and Assistant but keep Jones in a coaching capacity as he will maintain some stability during the upheaval.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
This is probably the worst point yet.....lets look at what we know so far....

I can tell you, Nathan Jones is a superb coach and infact one of the best young coaches around the game in this country...thats a promise. He also is very passionate about the club and actually shows it, so i've got no idea why people wan't HIM out so much. ALSO, last season under the head coach of Oscar Garcia, Oscar did very little coaching on the training ground, such is the role of a head coach. He liked to explain what we needed to work on and then let his coaches (Jones, Martinez, Torrijo Navarro etc) do the actual coaching of that. Jones took on the majority of this coaching.....and that season went pretty well did it not?!

This season however, we have a MANAGER and one who likes to do a lot of the coaching....an old fashioned manager in that respect. Jones therefore has taken a big step back from the day to day coaching to allow the manager to do it. Is it not possible a big factor in our decline that Jones isn't actually doing much coaching at all?

Shoot down that theory if you will, but i would bet my house on it being a HUGE factor

Interesting point. And quite ironic if it was the fact that we aren't using Jones enough that was responsible for the position we are in.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
This is probably the worst point yet.....lets look at what we know so far....

I can tell you, Nathan Jones is a superb coach and infact one of the best young coaches around the game in this country...thats a promise. He also is very passionate about the club and actually shows it, so i've got no idea why people wan't HIM out so much. ALSO, last season under the head coach of Oscar Garcia, Oscar did very little coaching on the training ground, such is the role of a head coach. He liked to explain what we needed to work on and then let his coaches (Jones, Martinez, Torrijo Navarro etc) do the actual coaching of that. Jones took on the majority of this coaching.....and that season went pretty well did it not?!

This season however, we have a MANAGER and one who likes to do a lot of the coaching....an old fashioned manager in that respect. Jones therefore has taken a big step back from the day to day coaching to allow the manager to do it. Is it not possible a big factor in our decline that Jones isn't actually doing much coaching at all?

Shoot down that theory if you will, but i would bet my house on it being a HUGE factor

Interesting observation, and matched by results too.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Realisitically isn't this Hyypia's decision? If he didn't think Jones is up to it, he needs to press Bloom to allow him to bring his own man in.

Bloom can't force a new assistant upon Hyypia.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Interesting point. And quite ironic if it was the fact that we aren't using Jones enough that was responsible for the position we are in.
No idea if all that about Jones is accurate or not. The idea of 'Jones out, keep Hyypia' looked rubbish this morning when first mooted. It doesn't look any better now.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But he got one of our players sent off a long time ago [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Some of our fans are seriously deluded and pathetic over Jones. Still didn't stop them with Barnes etc...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I too don't understand the Jones negativity thing? He's a bit of a 'step over' legend in my eyes, and I'm glad he's still associated with the Albion. I do however think an experienced number 2 is a great idea... Nobby Horton for me.

Kosh

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Only ironic if you are someone who's been baiting Jones armed with the sum total of **** all evidence.

A section of our fanbase acts like he ****ed all their wives. I don't get it.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
A section of our fanbase acts like he ****ed all their wives. I don't get it.

Indeed a 'section' of our fan base seem to be acting like half of the boardroom have also ****ed their wives. As for Sami?!? Well let's just say he's wearing their pyjama’s and smoking their pipes whilst he's at it.

Similarly - I fail to get it.

Kosh

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
No idea if all that about Jones is accurate or not. The idea of 'Jones out, keep Hyypia' looked rubbish this morning when first mooted. It doesn't look any better now.

Just to be clear I wasn't advocating it in my original post just wondering if it was an option. I have no idea how the coaching works but interesting to read a post from someone who sounds like he does and actually points to the problem being that Jones isn't being used enough.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Indeed a 'section' of our fan base seem to be acting like half of the boardroom have also ****ed their wives. As for Sami?!? Well let's just say he's wearing their pyjama’s and smoking their pipes whilst he's at it.

Similarly - I fail to get it.

Kosh

But with the other candidates I can at least understand the thought process.

Hyypia - awful results
Barber - He was never going to be popular was he?
Burke - recruitment challenges

But even before this season Jones attracted the ire of a section of our fanbase. I still don't understand how you can make a worthwhile assesment about the performance of an assistant manager. Especially when he's had a good time under one top man and a bad time under another.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Why sack jones? He coached Garcia's squad to the play offs.
He was assistant manager not the coach...Lets be honest we were bloody awfull last season and the football was dire regardless of us fluking a playoff spot.

Jones is an amature full stop and we have two amatures managing a experienced squad.Jones needs to drop down a couple of divisions and progress that way.
He's just another inexperienced puppet and needs to go with hyypia :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here