Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kazim Richards

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Racial abuse is quite obvious and unacceptable when directed at a black player, a general gay taunt is not actually directed at an individual. There IS a difference in my mind.

We're not gonna agree on this so not gonna let it descend into a binfest.

Just as a matter of interest should a player stick 2 fingers up at fans say in the family stand..would u deem that as acceptable

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
It would be interesting to hear how many of these people criticising those who reported the incident actually saw it for themselves. I have never reported an incident of this kind and certainly don't consider myself particularly strongly opinionated on such things (generally) but I instantly felt that his behaviour was completely inappropriate and should be reported, it was the first thing I said to those sat around me.

Secondly, rather than everyone getting wound up/jumping on various bandwagons just try not to get so bloody angry about it and let the police/authorities investigate it. If the authorities decide, having gathered and reviewed evidence, that there was no crime then I will be happy to carry on, albeit safe in the knowledge that CKR is an unbelievably immature, shit for brains footballer with absolutely no class at all. Equally, if they decide there is evidence to prosecute then that's up to them.

The majority of the fuss is being created by those personally criticising people for reporting a crime which, if you think about it, is absolutely obscene! The whole point is if you suspect something is a crime (or perhaps you know for a fact it is) you report it and let others investigate, it's a seriously sad state of affairs when people are being criticised merely for reporting an incident.

Everyone just calm down and let the police/FA look into it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Racial abuse is quite obvious and unacceptable when directed at a black player, a general gay taunt is not actually directed at an individual. There IS a difference in my mind.

So if someone did "general" racist abuse that would be fine.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Being fat IS bad. This has been proven. As is smoking.

I'm fat and I smoke. I get a bit of shit for both regularly. I'd feel a lot more pissed off if I was black or gay and got 'banter' for this. There's a huge difference imo...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Perhaps, though of course that wouldn't display the same racial undertones. What about a choc ice (harder to mime)?

A choc ice ? Nothing less than a Magnum is acceptable.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm fat and I smoke. I get a bit of shit for both regularly. I'd feel a lot more pissed off if I was black or gay and got 'banter' for this. There's a huge difference imo...

Correct. Any "bants" I get for my weight is far more fair game than for skin colour or sexual orientation.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

For me, it's not who the taunts are directed at (either racial or homophobic), it's the fact that people deem it acceptable to behave like that in the first place.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah, spose. I don't put it on the same level as racism or homophobia though, as it is a lifestyle choice. The other two aren't.
But it isn't necessarily a lifestyle choice, it could be hereditary or glandular or over-eating as the result of trauma. The bottom line is something is either insulting and offensive or it isn't.

The thing is .... I actually don't believe that. I was originally trying to point out there was an element of hypocrisy on this thread with people getting all worked up about homophobia but ignoring the initial abuse of the Brighton fans, because, well fat people are fair game aren't they? Porky bastards. However I still think there are degrees of behaviour, and whilst I accept that CKR was a total twat I don't think that doing gestures to an anonymous crowd (having been provoked) is necessarily 'homophobic' and certainly not worthy of prosecution. And if it is homophobic then by the same token the Brighton fans are 'fattist' and gave grave offence to fat people and people who are outraged on behalf of fat people. And yes 'fattist' isn't the same level of offence .... but given the increasing intolerance in Britain to any comment that isn't safe and anodyne it's only a matter of time.

In other words I don't think it's a clear cut binary yes/no situation and I agree with Simster, Easy 10, Arthur and El Pres.

EDIT: And Icy and others.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Amazing. Both are situations where people are being discriminated against over something they cannot CHOOSE. How you can decide one is "worse" than the other I've got no clue.

What about being Ginger? Not a lot they can do about that.....Wear a hat...?!

Yet they are fair game

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But it isn't necessarily a lifestyle choice, it could be hereditary or glandular.

In 0.1% of cases. I carry a bit of lumber, and would not take any jibes about my weight anywhere NEAR as seriously as those about about skin colour or sexual orientation. Of course it's not black and white.

Southern Toon

Aug 6, 2010
I would just like to point out that i am a referee & i do not Mastubate. So can a large section of your supporters stop calling me a wanker every time i make a decision you do not agree with. My wife gets very upset.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here