Kazim Richards

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Had a fan hurled a banana at Kazim Richards there would have been a racist shit storm on here and nationally, and rightly so. However, when he makes homophobic gestures to the crowd you think it acceptable ? please explain.

Where did I say it was acceptable? All I 'm saying is that if you give players abuse I don't have a problem with them responding. Personally find racism disgusting and totally unacceptable, a bit of homophobia as long as it doesn't involve violence is something I can live with. Hell we even give that back to opposition fans with the various chants, too ugly to be gay etc. Maybe I just don't feel as strongly, rightly or wrongly.

Where do you draw the line? Is " you fat bastard" an acceptable chant to make to the ref? Get your tits out for the lads, who ate all the pies?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Personally find racism disgusting and totally unacceptable, a bit of homophobia as long as it doesn't involve violence is something I can live with.

Amazing. Both are situations where people are being discriminated against over something they cannot CHOOSE. How you can decide one is "worse" than the other I've got no clue.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Amazing. Both are situations where people are being discriminated against over something they cannot CHOOSE. How you can decide one is "worse" than the other I've got no clue.

I spend my life making choices, not asking you to agree with them. Having said that I don't agree with either and I don't get involved in doing either.

I do, however, accept a player being able to respond to abuse from the crowd.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bad for your health maybe but it is still hurtful and distressing to point and laugh.

Yeah, spose. I don't put it on the same level as racism or homophobia though, as it is a lifestyle choice. The other two aren't.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I spend my life making choices, not asking you to agree with them. Having said that I don't agree with either and I don't get involved in doing either.

I do, however, accept a player being able to respond to abuse from the crowd.

Eh? My point is, no one CHOOSES to be gay anymore than they CHOOSE to be black. Therefore it's a level pegging in terms of discrimination against it being abhorrent.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Where did I say it was acceptable? All I 'm saying is that if you give players abuse I don't have a problem with them responding. Personally find racism disgusting and totally unacceptable, a bit of homophobia as long as it doesn't involve violence is something I can live with. Hell we even give that back to opposition fans with the various chants, too ugly to be gay etc. Maybe I just don't feel as strongly, rightly or wrongly.

Where do you draw the line? Is " you fat bastard" an acceptable chant to make to the ref? Get your tits out for the lads, who ate all the pies?

There's no way I would ask the ref to get his tits out

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
Bad for your health maybe but it is still hurtful and distressing to point and laugh.

Hopefully give them a kick up the ass to do something about it.

- - - Updated - - -

If you walked up to someone in the street and called them a fat twat you would expect a smack in the mouth, a few gay gestures in return is hardly traumatising.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Eh? My point is, no one CHOOSES to be gay anymore than they CHOOSE to be black. Therefore it's a level pegging in terms of discrimination against it being abhorrent.

Racial abuse is quite obvious and unacceptable when directed at a black player, a general gay taunt is not actually directed at an individual. There IS a difference in my mind.

We're not gonna agree on this so not gonna let it descend into a binfest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports