Kazim Richards

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dec 29, 2011
I have a black, gay friend. He thinks that Albion fans get far too precious about all the homophobic stuff. I have posted about this in the past, only to be accused of lieing.

Some Albion fans really are far too far up their own arses so to speak, or maybe somebody else's?

Who cares what your mate thinks? Some black people aren't offended by racism, some are, doesn't make it ok though. The reason people are struggling to cope with the fact homophobia is on par with racism is because it's harder to spot and also effects less people. If 40% of the stand was gay I'm sure there'd be a bigger reaction. Homophobia is not 'banter' because being gay isn't really a choice, just like being black. Being fat is (mostly) a choice, calling someone who can't lose weight fat is out of order, calling a professional footballer fat is banter because it's his choice.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Maybe its a question of expecting 'professional' footballers to have higher standards ....as regards to opposition fans doing there usual 'gay' stuff i find it boring and predictable and it doesnt bother me...interesting that you should mention that your friend is black..i dont think racism was involved

- - - Updated - - -

if your that curious why dont u pop round
:lolol: REALLY ??

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Colin Kazim-Richards faces 'homophobic' gesture probe - BBC

If an opposing fan at the Amex went to the divide with Albion fans and acted in this way, repeatedly, he would be thrown out the ground and almost certainly arrested. There aren't different laws for the blokes on the green bit to those watching the green bit.

Except there are. When Gordon Greer headbutts someone on the green bit he gets a three game ban from playing football. If I did it while watching the green bit I'd go to prison.

So there.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Except there are. When Gordon Greer headbutts someone on the green bit he gets a three game ban from playing football. If I did it while watching the green bit I'd go to prison.

So there.

I think bozza is referring to the actual event.....Susses Police mention that they would investigate the same complaint if it happened on the pitch as to comments off it

So there?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Who cares what your mate thinks? Some black people aren't offended by racism, some are, doesn't make it ok though. The reason people are struggling to cope with the fact homophobia is on par with racism is because it's harder to spot and also effects less people. If 40% of the stand was gay I'm sure there'd be a bigger reaction. Homophobia is not 'banter' because being gay isn't really a choice, just like being black. Being fat is (mostly) a choice, calling someone who can't lose weight fat is out of order, calling a professional footballer fat is banter because it's his choice.
No. It still implies that being fat is 'bad', something to be mocked.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
The people saying its banter what would have happened if anyone had said something rasict to him?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

I think bozza is referring to the actual event.....Susses Police mention that they would investigate the same complaint if it happened on the pitch as to comments off it

So there?

I know, I was being deliberately argumentative and petty. I'm in that kind of mood today, hence some of my posts on this thread.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

So there.

There have been instances of legal cases arising from those sort of incidents. In most cases though, the other player will not file a complaint nor seek to press charges so nothing happens.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Re: Colin Kazim-Richards faces 'homophobic' gesture probe - BBC

I have a black, gay friend. He thinks that Albion fans get far too precious about all the homophobic stuff. I have posted about this in the past, only to be accused of lieing.

Some Albion fans really are far too far up their own arses so to speak, or maybe somebody else's?

Would he be offended if CKR mimed pulling his shorts down and shoving a BANANA up his arse?

Serious question.

Obviously he'd have to show the curve of the banana by adjusting the angle of his hand as he pumps it in and out. And maybe mime peeling it and eating it afterwards to be sure that everyone gets it. Otherwise its just homophobic, not racist and homophobic as well. If he peeled it first there's a danger that the banana would be demolished upon entry.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

What's OK to one isn't to another and the law is there to protect those that do take offence regardless of what we think. I've a gay mate who wouldn't take offence either, but if I were to call him a fat ugly **** he would, but then that's not against the law (I don't think)

Also CKR is guilty of massive hypocrisy, one one hand he's supposed to be an active campaigner for all the racist kick it out stuff yet he's happy to make gestures of the sort he did (and it was far from just pointing at his arse) If that isn't double standards then I don't know what is

For the record what he did didn't offend me in the slightest but that doesn't make it acceptable either

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
I love it when NSC implodes like this.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Who cares what your mate thinks?

Just thought his opinion might have some relevance, but if you say it doesn't then I must apologise to you of course. Your opinion is obviously of far more worth than those of others. Prick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports