Kazim Richards

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
He did not "point at his bottom". He mimed pulling his shorts down and pretended to insert a penis up his bottom, by making the wanker sign at his arse. He didn't do this once. When he got an angry reaction from the WSL, he then repeated it at least 5 times, over a period of around 5 minutes. That was why from the 80th minute, whenever he was on the ball he received booing from the crowd.

If those of you "defending" him, think this acceptable behaviour, and deserves to go unreported, then I most wholeheartedly disagree.

being a north stand pleb i didnt see this but i am definitely outraged and offended......where do i sign up?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It's quite simple.

Those that think his behaviour is unacceptable could report him.

Those that think it's perfectly ok to ignore what he did could.... ignore him.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Someone should do a study on the posts on this thread with those relating to overly officious stewarding and the poor atmosphere being generated at the AMEX, I am sure there will be an algorithm which can provide clarity on what the priorities are for some BHA fans.......this would help next season as we could segregate the soft cocks in their own block at the AMEX which will enable them to piss their pants en masse match in match out, the rest of us can go to the match relieved we can still talk coarsely about the barmaid's tits from the Bell or how the referee runs like John Inman.

f*** you,where do you get off discriminating against those with soft cocks

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
If an opposing fan at the Amex went to the divide with Albion fans and acted in this way, repeatedly, he would be thrown out the ground and almost certainly arrested. There aren't different laws for the blokes on the green bit to those watching the green bit.

This.

I'd go even further and argue that, apart from the legal aspects of it, there's a greater responsibility on someone in a public role, on a public stage etc, than on someone who's a spectator/supporter/audience member.

If someone in that position behaves repeatedly in that manner in front of a crowd of 25,000 odd people (... including some very odd people, actually, judging by some of the comments on here), then in my view that's not only as bad as a fan doing it, but worse. They're paid huge amounts of money, and part of their job, like it or not, is to act as a role model for youngsters, not only in terms of footballing skills, sportsmanship, courage, being a team player etc, but these days, also in other ways.

The delicious irony of it all is that CKR clearly accepts this argument, otherwise he wouldn't have signed up as an ambassador for Kick-It Out.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
So CKR gets some stick from the crowd, and the first thing he thinks of to hit back with, the very first thing that pops into his footballers brain, is the tired, worn out and oh-so-original "duuurrr...Brighton = Gay" stereotype. So he points at his arse. Har-dee-har CKR, such cerebral wit. Well done son.
*slow clap*

Does that make him homophobic ? For my money, he's simply a bit of an imbecile. To describe this incident as a "hate crime" is so OTT as to be comical though. Its rather tedious how this pathetic little gesture from a thick no-mark footballer is automatically lumped in with more serious, genuine hate crimes against gays, ie outright abuse, intimidation and violence as if its exactly the same thing. It isn't.

As usual though, its given some people an excuse to get all horrified and morally outraged on behalf of some pother people, and here we are. With police spending their time launching an investigation into a thicko who pointed at his arse a couple of times. Because apparently, as an offence, its in the same ball park as kicking the shit out of someone because of their sexual orientation.

*sigh*

Sense.

I agree, not a particularly bright thing to do, but to lump it into the hate crime category is an absolute joke. It's just an excuse to hang someone we don't particularly like. I'd equate it to a boat load of Man Utd sympathisers and fans suddenly becoming bastions of racial equality because one of their players got called a naughty word by Liverpool's star player.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I'm astonished by some saying 'wetters' and all that, I'm offended by this an I am not gay I'll tell you why, if hed reacted by a wanker sign or whatever else I'd accept that because he's had abuse the whole game, still not alright but understandable, but what he CHOSE to do to get at us was point to his arse like the thick 'man' he is, it is not banter, and for people in this day and age to say its banter and call people 'wetters' or 'fans need to man up' and not make complaints, YOU are the reason players continue to get away with ridiculous things like this that are not acceptable anywhere else apart from apparently football stadiums where its fine cos its 'banter'. No its not. At all.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm astonished by some saying 'wetters' and all that, I'm offended by this an I am not gay I'll tell you why, if hed reacted by a wanker sign or whatever else I'd accept that because he's had abuse the whole game, still not alright but understandable, but what he CHOSE to do to get at us was point to his arse like the thick 'man' he is, it is not banter, and for people in this day and age to say its banter and call people 'wetters' or 'fans need to man up' and not make complaints, YOU are the reason players continue to get away with ridiculous things like this that are not acceptable anywhere else apart from apparently football stadiums where its fine cos its 'banter'. No its not. At all.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
As suspected, you think gay slurs are acceptable, and you don't mind if your kids think it's acceptable.

You're the reason why these incidents should be reported.
I just dont get particularly fussed about them, you're the reason why oppsosition fans will come to the AMEX and still be making them in 15 years time.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
So CKR gets some stick from the crowd, and the first thing he thinks of to hit back with, the very first thing that pops into his footballers brain, is the tired, worn out and oh-so-original "duuurrr...Brighton = Gay" stereotype. So he points at his arse. Har-dee-har CKR, such cerebral wit. Well done son.
*slow clap*

Does that make him homophobic ? For my money, he's simply a bit of an imbecile. To describe this incident as a "hate crime" is so OTT as to be comical though. Its rather tedious how this pathetic little gesture from a thick no-mark footballer is automatically lumped in with more serious, genuine hate crimes against gays, ie outright abuse, intimidation and violence as if its exactly the same thing. It isn't.

As usual though, its given some people an excuse to get all horrified and morally outraged on behalf of some pother people, and here we are. With police spending their time launching an investigation into a thicko who pointed at his arse a couple of times. Because apparently, as an offence, its in the same ball park as kicking the shit out of someone because of their sexual orientation.

*sigh*
This.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Someone should do a study on the posts on this thread with those relating to overly officious stewarding and the poor atmosphere being generated at the AMEX, I am sure there will be an algorithm which can provide clarity on what the priorities are for some BHA fans.......this would help next season as we could segregate the soft cocks in their own block at the AMEX which will enable them to piss their pants en masse match in match out, the rest of us can go to the match relieved we can still talk coarsely about the barmaid's tits from the Bell or how the referee runs like John Inman.

:lolol:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So homophobia is ok with you? How about racism?

I have a black, gay friend. He thinks that Albion fans get far too precious about all the homophobic stuff. I have posted about this in the past, only to be accused of lieing.

Some Albion fans really are far too far up their own arses so to speak, or maybe somebody else's?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I have a black, gay friend. He thinks that Albion fans get far too precious about all the homophobic stuff. I have posted about this in the past, only to be accused of lieing.

Some Albion fans really are far too far up their own arses so to speak, or maybe somebody else's?

Maybe its a question of expecting 'professional' footballers to have higher standards ....as regards to opposition fans doing there usual 'gay' stuff i find it boring and predictable and it doesnt bother me...interesting that you should mention that your friend is black..i dont think racism was involved

- - - Updated - - -

does he come out in a rash though?

if your that curious why dont u pop round

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
what actually happens to you when you become offended? do you come out in a rash?

Nope I report the man for it. You can sit there behind your screen with your sarcastic comments but if you truly think its acceptable to do gestures like this you are very mistakes as its a crime anywhere else. Just because hes had abuse doesnt make it acceptable either, and those making that excuse for a professional footballer are pathetic

Wonder if people who objected to racist gestures in the dark days of football were called wetters and JCLS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports