Kazim Richards

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
My point was that its ridiculous how over a period of time people develop completely different views to the ones they used to have, because of what they are told to think. "It's 2013" they say. Well so what? Just because times change, doesn't mean that they necessarily change for the better. If people thought for themselves instead f just repeating what they are told, the world would be a better place.

This is the most depressing post on here so far. You appear to be saying that the attempts to outlaw homophobia are a change for the worse. And before you start, Liberal, lefty, bedwetter etc are not descriptions of me that anyone would recognise but the fact that people shouldn't be discriminated against based on race, gender, religion or sexual preference seems to me such a basic right that anyone should be able to get their head around it.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
This. Did not hear one chant about he weight, not even a half hearted one by a few people.

Erm I did ... very much so. But it happens every game and to the officials even worse. It's a lot of what football was about.

His reaction didn't offend me but then the law wasn't set by what would offend me and so if I did it I'd have to expect to be punished ... CKR no different in that respect. The law is "often" set to deal with the lowest common denominator and is plain daft for the majority, sledgehammer to crack a nut stuff

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Erm I did ... very much so. But it happens every game and to the officials even worse. It's a lot of what football was about.

His reaction didn't offend me but then the law wasn't set by what would offend me and so if I did it I'd have to expect to be punished ... CKR no different in that respect. The law is "often" set to deal with the lowest common denominator and is plain daft for the majority, sledgehammer to crack a nut stuff

Fair enough, but the fact is, whether there were chants or not, he still did something illegal. He should have just generally gloated to the fans if he wanted to get under our skins, shame he resorted to a hate crime.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Listen flower. I do fully understand that and i also know when not to get my knickers all in a twist over something so pathetic. People like you are tedious and dull and quite frankly embarrassing.

Any one embarrassing is you , so he has been involved in anti-racism campaigns, acting as an ambassador for the group Kick It Out but think its ok to homophobic gestures.

Colin Kazim-Richards faces 'homophobic' gesture probe - BBC

For God's sake US, do you really consider CKR pointing to his arse after being abused by 20,000 people for 90 minutes a HATE CRIME AGAINST GAYS?

And at what point has anyone who has objected to someone refusing to sit next to a black person been called a limp wristed liberal, wet one? What on earth are you talking about?

Are you seriously saying that CKR was abused for ninety minutes by twenty thousand people at the Blackburn match?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
This is the most depressing post on here so far. You appear to be saying that the attempts to outlaw homophobia are a change for the worse. And before you start, Liberal, lefty, bedwetter etc are not descriptions of me that anyone would recognise but the fact that people shouldn't be discriminated against based on race, gender, religion or sexual preference seems to me such a basic right that anyone should be able to get their head around it.
I would from your online persona :lolol:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
So, being homophobic is bad but it's ok to make fattist jokes as they're 'just banter'? Surely the ideal solution would be to prosecute CKR for being a homophobe, but also prosecute all the low-life sub-human Brighton fans for their callous and insensitive chanting, indeed their bullying of one individual, to say nothing of using 'fat' as an insult and thus stigmatising vast swathes of the population?

That would be the 21st century solution. The outraged, insulted and humiliated all win and the only losers are sanity and common sense.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Fair enough, but the fact is, whether there were chants or not, he still did something illegal. He should have just generally gloated to the fans if he wanted to get under our skins, shame he resorted to a hate crime.

Agree, although I suspect the reaction was more a heat of the moment stupid thing rather than a deliberate attempt to offend. Not that it makes any difference, the boy done wrong, and he's going to have to answer for it.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Colin Kazim-Richards faces 'homophobic' gesture probe - BBC

if my 9 year old had seen it and asked what he was doing I would've said " I'm not sure ,he's just being silly" and that would've been that, if my 11 year old had seen it, well he's at secondary school and i'm pretty sure he'd have known what he was doing.

And he'd leave the stadium thinking that was acceptable (as an insult).

Although I guess you would have sat the family down at home and explained that one shouldn't use sexual persuasion as an insult any more than the colour of someone's skin. And then maybe produced some literature on the issue for further reading, with perhaps a recap of the salient points over tea time the following week? Or something like that?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This run to teacher mentality we seems to have in our fan base is starting to get embarrassing!

It's every game now!

I think BHAFC are unique in this respect though aren't they ?

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
CKR is a prick. Anyone who complains to police after giving someone abuse for 90 minutes who then dares to have a go back is a prick.

I'd love to know how many of these people so terribly offended by this terrible homophobia are actually homosexual.

I assume these delicate flowers are also
reporting thousands of opposition fans to the police each week as well?

You too sir are a prick with a capital P. so the abuse he got came purely from the gay section of fans how short sighted are you.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Homophobic gestures especially in a public place (and in the middle of a football ground with 20k+ people there is a public place) is illegal
END OF
if I were to walk on that football pitch and make racist remarks to him what would happen?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
And he'd leave the stadium thinking that was acceptable (as an insult).

Although I guess you would have sat the family down at home and explained that one shouldn't use sexual persuasion as an insult any more than the colour of someone's skin. And then maybe produced some literature on the issue for further reading, with perhaps a recap of the salient points over tea time the following week? Or something like that?
Or maybe we'd have stopped off for a quick one in the Burell on the way home where the kids would've been fussed over by my mates, we'd have talked over the game and they'd have gone home and not really thought anymore about it.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Brighton fans spend the entire match attacking CKR and when he responds come bellends report him to the police, we really do have some pathetic supporters dont we... plastics no doubt.

And again was it just gay supporters giving any abuse to him? again another short sighted fan, pathetic.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Didn't see it , however I am outraged and incandescent with rage. I have nothing better do do in my sad life than get outraged by things I never saw...in fact I understand that somewhere in the world a person called another person a nasty word. So I am equally outraged, annoyed and deeply upset by this terrible injustice,
I wasn't there, but as someone who, er, has a bit of extra baggage, I'm outraged, outraged I tell you at the fattist insults that were hurled at one poor man the other night. When are the knuckle-draggers going to learn that making insulting remarks about a person's weight is just as hurtful as making homophobic gestures. I haven't seen one SINGLE post on this thread condemning the neanderthal Brighton fans, not one. Shame on you NSC. And although you can't tell from reading this I am frothing at the mouth and hitting the keys VERY hard as I type.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports