Kazim Richards

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg;5515969[B said:
]I think what this thread shows as others have done is there is a fair percentage of people who hate gays[/B], our fans included and as such think this sort of thing a non issue just as a certain percentage of fans are rasist and will continue to be rasist but careful what they say and do.

I am not accusing anyone on this thread , just it is a fact a certain percentage of people will hate gays and always hate gays and will not consider hate crimes against them to be any sort of an issue and will actively encourage it, the same as a certain percentage of people hate black people and always will and would not even sit next to one but if it is so strongly ingrained in their belief system no amount of educating them will do a jot of good. It is sad though that anyone that objects to it is called a limp wristed , liberal, drama queen as that does not help the debate at all.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you are.

Explain that then please.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Didn't see it , however I am outraged and incandescent with rage. I have nothing better do do in my sad life than get outraged by things I never saw...in fact I understand that somewhere in the world a person called another person a nasty word. So I am equally outraged, annoyed and deeply upset by this terrible injustice,

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Colin Kazim-Richards faces 'homophobic' gesture probe - BBC

I am not accusing anyone on this thread , just it is a fact a certain percentage of people will hate gays and always hate gays and will not consider hate crimes against them to be any sort of an issue and will actively encourage it, the same as a certain percentage of people hate black people and always will and would not even sit next to one but if it is so strongly ingrained in their belief system no amount of educating them will do a jot of good. It is sad though that anyone that objects to it is called a limp wristed , liberal, wet one, as that does not help the debate at all.

For God's sake US, do you really consider CKR pointing to his arse after being abused by 20,000 people for 90 minutes a HATE CRIME AGAINST GAYS?

And at what point has anyone who has objected to someone refusing to sit next to a black person been called a limp wristed liberal, wet one? What on earth are you talking about?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Er, I don't get it. It is my opinion and I did not accuse anyone. I think the club have a lot of responsibility and have done sod all really apart from a few words in the match programme. They have allowed vile homophobic abuse to carry on in and outside the ground for years. The stewards just stand there with this moronic abuse being spat out game after game and do nothing, as do the Police. The issue was raised last year with a few token arrests but has been swept back under the carpet. I just find the abuse incredibly boring and tedious now.

- - - Updated - - -

For God's sake US, do you really consider CKR pointing to his arse after being abused by 20,000 people for 90 minutes a HATE CRIME AGAINST GAYS?

And at what point has anyone who has objected to someone refusing to sit next to a black person been called a limp wristed liberal, wet one? What on earth are you talking about?

I am talking about the issue raised here and numerous comments made, go back and check the thread.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Er, I don't get it. It is my opinion and I did not accuse anyone. I think the club have a lot of responsibility and have done sod all really apart from a few words in the match programme. They have allowed vile homophobic abuse to carry on in and outside the ground for years. The stewards just stand there with this moronic abuse being spat out game after the game and do nothing, as do the Police. The issue was raised last year with a few token arrests but has been swept back under the carpet. I just find the abuse incredibly boring and tedious now.

- - - Updated - - -

I am talking about the issue raised here and numerous comments made, go back and check the thread.

I do think there is significant difference between some Stone Island buzzcutted 18 stone tool screaming 'Faggot' in the face of 11 year olds outside the stadium, and CKR, who is a bit thick, but only pointed to his bottom.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Er, I don't get it. It is my opinion and I did not accuse anyone. I think the club have a lot of responsibility and have done sod all really apart from a few words in the match programme. They have allowed vile homophobic abuse to carry on in and outside the ground for years. The stewards just stand there with this moronic abuse being spat out game after game and do nothing, as do the Police. The issue was raised last year with a few token arrests but has been swept back under the carpet. I just find the abuse incredibly boring and tedious now.

Totally agree with you, Uncle S.

We have to put up with this abuse week in, week out.

And now it's coming from a player. Time to make a stand on this issue.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Didn't see it , however I am outraged and incandescent with rage. I have nothing better do do in my sad life than get outraged by things I never saw...in fact I understand that somewhere in the world a person called another person a nasty word. So I am equally outraged, annoyed and deeply upset by this terrible injustice,
These are the self same people who probably castigated those who were outraged at the Ross/Brand radio broadcast yet didnt originally hear it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I do think there is significant difference between some Stone Island buzzcutted 18 stone tool screaming 'Faggot' in the face of 11 year olds outside the stadium, and CKR, who is a bit thick, but only pointed to his bottom.

The thing is, if it is illegal, it is illegal and his actions only encourage the braindeads to carry on with more extreme abuse. I believe from what I have seen and heard that no one really takes it seriously and it will carry on. I am not particular mortally wounded , I just find the whole circus every game very tedious and spoils the matchday experience to have some neanderthal spout that I hope you die of aids, which I have seen numerous times and not 18 years olds, quite often 40 and 50 year old men. Still it will carry on and I will carry on going to watch BHAFC.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I was sat in west lower and did not hear any chanting about Kazim being fat, I did hear booooo everytime he was on the ball, but definitely not 20,000 singing you fat bastard or anything similar.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
So if Bruno was reported for making monkey noises at black Palace fans and got reported that would be a precious jcl style overreaction by their fans I assume. When will people realise the seriousness of homophobia? What some are saying on here really doesn't help.

Spot on, in a time when fans are being thrown out of games for less, what maybe banter to some certainly is not to others.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
I was sat in west lower and did not hear any chanting about Kazim being fat, I did hear booooo everytime he was on the ball, but definitely not 20,000 singing you fat bastard or anything similar.

This. Did not hear one chant about he weight, not even a half hearted one by a few people.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
From the South-west corner I didn't hear a lot of abuse aimed at CKR above a bit of booing when he touched the ball. I am sure there was a bit of abuse about his weight going on from the other stands.

From my point of view CKR could have taken a number of different approaches to this:

1. Do nothing, concentrate of his game and try and shut the fans up that way.
2. React in a 'humorous' way by sticking out his gut or pretending to eat pies etc...
3. React in a non-humorous way and say/do something like flick the bird etc...that would have offended some.
4. Knowing the reputation that Brighton fans have around the country having played here for a couple of seasons, decide to do something illegal, that a number would find offensive, and would likely get away fans ejected from the stadium if reported.

It is sad that he decided to go down the number 4 route and I believe he should be punished accordingly. We would not be happy about away supporters doing it (look at the shit we gave Ipswich after that banner as an example of vitriol), so we should be pretty peeved about away players doing it, especially one campaigning against racist and homophobic abuse, and someone that should know better being an ex-player.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Exactly. There really are some right bed-wetters about.

CKR gets booed with every touch all game and reacts by pointing to his arse. Big deal.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
They have allowed vile homophobic abuse to carry on in and outside the ground for years. The stewards just stand there with this moronic abuse being spat out game after game and do nothing, as do the Police.

i do believe the police are doing their best with regards to a very difficult situation,yes they go through the motions etc etc but they have made arrests even as recently as the hull game on this issue.

i would like you to answer a serious question what is vile homophobic abuse and what is "football banter"
is there a difference? or is it all homophobic?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports