Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kazim Richards

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Colin Kazim-Richards faces 'homophobic' gesture probe - BBC

CKR is a prick. Anyone who complains to police after giving someone abuse for 90 minutes who then dares to have a go back is a prick.

I'd love to know how many of these people so terribly offended by this terrible homophobia are actually homosexual.

I assume these delicate flowers are also
reporting thousands of opposition fans to the police each week as well?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I wonder how many of you spouting this JCL shit actually saw it? I saw it, he was doing it for a while too. Total waste of space as a footballer and shouldn't be doing it, simple.
If the crowd have a pop you let your football do the talking, not resort to to what he did.

Dec 29, 2011
CKR is a prick. Anyone who complains to police after giving someone abuse for 90 minutes who then dares to have a go back is a prick.

I'd love to know how many of these people so terribly offended by this terrible homophobia are actually homosexual.

I assume these delicate flowers are also
reporting thousands of opposition fans to the police each week as well?

Can't tell which side of the fence you're on. That being said, you don't have to be gay to be offended by homophobic stuff. I don't go around accepting racism because I'm not black. The players should be setting the example, what hope do we have of getting rid of homophobia in the stands if some players still think it's fine?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Why is it ok to use homophobic gestures as a bit of fun? If an England player was getting some stick at a game in Africa, would it be ok for him to do some monkey gestures to a crowd as a bit of fun?

Totally and utterly agree, why is he above anyone else for homophobic gestures?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Can you provide a list of things not okay to do please? Or can players do what they want?

Getting grief is part of being a footballer. I would take 90 mins of abuse every week in return for 20k

Other options could be ban kids from stadiums I guess.

I agree - its a hard one (oh err) for me as I think there is a difference between abusing someones skin colour as opposed to sexuality or calling someone a sheep shagger or a dirty northern bastard - I am sure I will get shed loads for that but its my own personal moral compass. I would be interested in the opinion of gay brighton fans as to if they are/were offended by CKR or homophobic chants we get week in week out. Players should be bigger and not react to anything - however we all love it when they do.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I agree - its a hard one (oh err) for me as I think there is a difference between abusing someones skin colour as opposed to sexuality or calling someone a sheep shagger or a dirty northern bastard - I am sure I will get shed loads for that but its my own personal moral compass. I would be interested in the opinion of gay brighton fans as to if they are/were offended by CKR or homophobic chants we get week in week out. Players should be bigger and not react to anything - however we all love it when they do.

I agree with you, but if we can stop these complete bores telling us our sexuality, I'll be happy... I only do boys on the 5th Sunday of a month.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Eight

There's a difference between calling someone fat and saying someone takes it up the arse by doing homophobic gestures. Homophobia is on a par with racism, shame some people on here still find it acceptable and banter, it isn't.

Saying "we can see you holding hands" is fine - making gestures that you take it up the arse isn't.

Call me a JCL for being in 2013 and not wanting this shit in football, I don't care.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Brighton fans spend the entire match attacking CKR and when he responds come bellends report him to the police, we really do have some pathetic supporters dont we... plastics no doubt.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Why is it ok to use homophobic gestures as a bit of fun? If an England player was getting some stick at a game in Africa, would it be ok for him to do some monkey gestures to a crowd as a bit of fun?

It's just not ok to be racist or homophobic towards the crowd, even when you think it's bloody hilarious. If you don't understand that, you need to get yourself educated.

no doubt you can confirm you witnessed and were offended by the actions of Colin Kazim-Richards on the night in question.

Last edited:

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
The guy is meant to be an ambassador for the "Kick it Out" campaign. He thinks it's ok to to make homophobic jokes?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Ten.

Homophobia is the racism of the 21st Century. No, it wasn't the worst type of abuse, but if the authorities want to take it seriously, in an attempt to prevent the equivalent of monkey chants back in the 1980s and 1990s, they have to be seen to clamp down on it.

Don't see the problem myself - if he didn't do anything, then he wouldn't have a case to answer. That'll learn him!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Homophobia is on a par with racism

Why? Because its the trendy thing to do to say so now? Because you're told that it is by the trendy press? I bet you didn't say that ten years ago.

Saying "we can see you holding hands" is fine - making gestures that you take it up the arse isn't.

Completely ridiculous. First of all you say homophobia is as bad as racism, then you say that it's OK to do a little bit of light homophobic ribbing, as long as you don't take it too far. What staggering hypocrisy. Are you saying that, for example, monkey chants and throwing bananas is going too far, but a bit of lift hearted racism, say singing "We can see you throwing spears", would be fine?

Try thinking for yourself instead of repeating things you've read in the Guardian.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here