Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kazenga LuaLua's standing ovation yesterday

seagullsdaz

May 3, 2009
Brighton
Was BRILLIANT!!

The best ovation i've seen for a player in ages!

I know it's only The Withdean but seeing everyone on there feet applauding a great performance from LuaLua was a sight to behold!

:albion2:

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I remember the ovation for Paul Dickov on his last game on loan for us at the goldstone. Made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!!!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Compare Withers to Newcastle and you see why he'd love to go back there, different world. But I can't help feeling if he was to get the chance to be a star player in front of 20k for us at Falmer it would be much more likely he'd stay.

seagullsdaz

May 3, 2009
Brighton
He looked like he really enjoyed it yesterday, had a terrific game!

I think he would rather be playin 1st team football with us then playing reserve team football for the magpies!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Compare Withers to Newcastle and you see why he'd love to go back there, different world. But I can't help feeling if he was to get the chance to be a star player in front of 20k for us at Falmer it would be much more likely he'd stay.

According to this morning's Times he already HAS signed permanently. I've got the cutting in front of me. I keep looking at it and pretending it's true.

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Someone on the phone in said taking Lua Lua off early to receive a standing ovation was another example of Poyet's genius, I just think Lua Lua was a little tired.

Great performance though.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
That was me Culvers. At the time (five minutes from the end) I thought Gus was taking the opportunity to let KLL have his moment for such an outstanding game - with a view to building the bond between LauLua and Brighton. Perhaps I was over thinking things.

Johnny Byrne thought it was to avoid him getting booked. You think he was tired. We'll probably never know. Whatever the reason - it did give us the chance to start convincing KLL to stay after December.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
He deserved it.
Brought back memories of Wardy's return to the Goldstone v Man.Utd ( like KLL it was almost inevitable he was going to score )
Two exciting players with the capability of bringing the crowd to their feet.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
He brings back wonderful memories of Wardy. The sort of player who gets the ball near the half way line with most of the opposition still to beat, but you still get 'that feeling' that something's about to happen :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
everyone stood up and gave him a great standing ovation

:laugh:

what is this a thread for 'stating the obvious that has already be said in the original thread' ? :lolol:

I always stand and applaud our players off when subbed - even if they've not had a great day at the office. Most do. Those who don't SHOULD IMO...

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
At the risk of getting a NSC pounding, I didn't think KLL was that good in the first half, but that goal was pure genius, and he certainly got better as the match wore on, until he tired towards the end.

I expect him to get better and better as he gets more and more first team football, a brilliant signing, and I'm very pleased he's on board!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here