Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] kazakhstan. How far would you travel.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I read that and thought for a moment that Swansman had been allowed back onto NSC. Then I saw the date it was posted.
His contributions were usually very interesting and provoked discussion.
On the other hand, sometimes they just provoked discussion. Or rather observations, like "that's a paranoid anti-semetic conspiracy theory".

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I read that and thought for a moment that Swansman had been allowed back onto NSC. Then I saw the date it was posted.
Yeh I loved it when he said about killing the Jews - really provoked a discussion 🤣

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm gonna let a couple of mates be guinea pigs and if they don't get their heads kicked in I'll contemplate going away..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think he flounced.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I had turkey down as an interesting one but they don't seem to have anyone in the competition

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What's the smallest, most obscure, furthest away and most difficult to get to club in whatever competition we end up in?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If Albion go directly into the group stage of Europa League, then a trip to Kazakhstan is unlikely. Azerbaijan have provided an entrant in recent times.

It's more likely Bulgaria, Finland and Cyprus for the further trips.

If we find ourselves with a lowly rank, then expect some trips to more familiar countries.

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
If Albion go directly into the group stage of Europa League, then a trip to Kazakhstan is unlikely. Azerbaijan have provided an entrant in recent times.

It's more likely Bulgaria, Finland and Cyprus for the further trips.

If we find ourselves with a lowly rank, then expect some trips to more familiar countries.

What about Israel?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
What's the smallest, most obscure, furthest away and most difficult to get to club in whatever competition we end up in?
In this seasons you had Qarabag FK in Baku, Azerbaijan on caspian sea.... looks modern and big at first glance at size of roof, then realise its all fur coat and no knickers and more Burton Albion on inside, 5800 capacity, in the arse end of nowhere...... a long way away and I dare say hard to reach directly..... let's hope for Belgium hey!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Was thinking about the earlier. What i’d like from the other 3 clubs in the draw is:

A big name (someone like Roma/Juventus etc) for the glamour
A short trip - France or Spain to save a bit of money
A “I’ll never go there otherwise” trip E.g. Kazahkstan

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here