Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kayode Odejayi

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
One of my cousins from Huddersfield has text me and said we have made a bid of £100,000 for Kayode Odejayi of Barnsley, a powerful centre forward who can be a real handful.

Supposedly Slade has seen a lot of him whilst at Scarborough, Grimsby and Yeovil and has always been a fan but not been able to afford him. Now he has a bit of money he wants to add a real presence up front and Odejayi fits the bill.

What does everyone think??

I reckon it would be a cracking signing, Forster won't go on forever and Odejayi and Murray would be as good a frontline in League One as you're likely to see.

Jimmy Grimble

About as useful up front as a comb on Slade's bedside table

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
No,no...........please no.

Remember THAT miss in the FA Cup semi-final? Long John Silver could have scored.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I think we'd be better off with me up front if he's the alternative.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
13 in 38 at Forest Green Rovers
30 in 148 at Cheltenham
4 in 67 at Barnsley

This is the guy who scored the winner against Chelsea in the FA Cup last year. Fairly piss-poor scoring record though, can't say I'd be thrilled.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
is this the guy who scored when Barnesly beat chelsea in the cup

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It would appear from the various rumours about signings that Slade wants a big target man for next season. Are we heading for a season of route one? I wont object if it achieves promotion.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Personally I would be decidedly underwhelmed if we signed him.

A striker who has a history of plodding around the lower leagues, not scoring very many goals.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Personally I would think he would give us something we haven't got at the moment, assuming Owusu is not coming. Makes sense to have the big man option available. I would doubt he would be our main striker though ahead of Forster and Murray. But a useful player to bring on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here