Kayla and Stephens

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
When he does shoot it always seems to go way over the bar. A bit like Nobby Horton, the excellence of his all round game more than compensates for this. Would be nice to see him bag a few though.

We really do need to score more goals from midfield, (well from everywhere really), and would like to see Stephens and Kayal, both try to get into the box a little bit more.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
We really do need to score more goals from midfield, (well from everywhere really), and would like to see Stephens and Kayal, both try to get into the box a little bit more.

Kayal had loads of great positions and great runs at Brentford and then looked for a pass instead of a shot. He really could bd should have scored there

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Because Caldy is playing forward a long way cos he hasnt the pace to overlap, so Murphy is playing inside too much, so consequently, we are not getting behind the full back, which nulifies Zamoras impact.
Bobby's strength is in the box, picking up loose balls and pulled back crosses.
Murphy playing inside is taking away space from Kayak and Stephens, so they are dropping deeper.

Nothing to do with Calderon playing forward more to do with him being right footed and every pass going inside the full back instead of down the line from a left footed player.

D

Deleted member 2719

Everyone seems happy to knock the defenders and strikers but on current form this excellent midfield pairing seem a little bit off the pace.
You can't fault the work rate but the passing has become slow you could say pedestrian, they both seem to drop so deep and pick the ball up off our centre halves when surely the centre halves can carry the ball to the halfway line. The number of times Kayal picks the ball up and has eleven opposition player behind the ball means his passing options are either backwards or square at best.
You can blame a lack of movement from our wide players and strikers but pre match you watch the players pinging the ball around one touch and yet this is not transferred into match play.
The pair are doing too much work on the halfway line and not enough in advanced areas of the pitch.

Too true, i would like to see graphics of how often the ball was going side to side especially on the half way line, those Wolves defenders and midfielders were able to play crabs with them.

Is this a instruction given to them so as to keep possession???

I hope not.

Stockseagull

Dec 2, 2011
Peak District
I have just watched a compilation video of Vicente Rodriguez. Although neither Kayal or Stephens are in the same league as The Dagger this is the sort of player who would fire them again. Let's hope .

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
What a surprise. Unfair criticism of Crofts from a poster who has had a go at him before. I never understand why fans are so against a specific players (unless they don't put the effort in and work hard, I support all of our players).

It's the total truth, I'm not a fan of Crofts and I felt sorry for him playing on the right which is clearly not his position but the comment stands our football slows down drastically when he is in the side

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
I think the idea of playing crofts as a false winger has actually impacted them. Crofts comes inside and it takes away the space for kayal and Stephens. I don't think I've seen a better pairing in this league, but take away the space and they struggle.

We desperately need a winger or two to return to help stretch the game for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports