Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kayal

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
What a ridiculous comment. N'Golo Kante, who is widely considered to have been the best, or at least one of the best players in the premier league this season has scored 1 goal. It isn't his job, just like it isn't Kayal's. I suppose Stockdale isn't good enough for the prem either for the same reason?
I was waiting for someone to throw Kante into the mix. He's a defensive player who does loads of dirty work in front of the back four and is absolutely quality. Kayal is a LOT more offensive than Kante and plays between defence and attack, but goalscoring isn't part of his game.

That's not a criticism, I just think for him to be a success in that role in the prem he'd need to be a goalscorer as well.

For us though in this league, he's an absolute top class link between defence and attack.

Smoggy7799

Banned
Apr 7, 2016
£100,000. That is the bargin of the century

Not quite: George Friend (£100,000), Daniel Ayala (£350,000), Ben Gibson (Academy), Emilio Nsue (FREE), Dimi Konstantopoulos (FREE). So the best defence in the league was bought with £450,000. Also Adam Clayton > Beram Kayal. :wink:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Not quite: George Friend (£100,000), Daniel Ayala (£350,000), Ben Gibson (Academy), Emilio Nsue (FREE), Dimi Konstantopoulos (FREE). So the best defence in the league was bought with £450,000. Also Adam Clayton > Beram Kayal. :wink:

Yeah it's amazing how much better than us every other clubs players are. Still i guess thats why we're languishing in third place in the table a staggeringly huge two points off the leaders. Ho hum maybe next season we'll be competitive.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Adam Clayton... Ah the same fella who didn't turn up for his Boro medical as he really wanted to join us? Class player I agree - about on a level with Kayal - who Boro fans know next to nothing about, but still constantly claim Clayton is better :thumbsup:

Thanks for registering though - Do feel free to remind us how much Downing and Rhodes cost... :)

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I'm sure if Brighton are in the premier league next season he will be 1st name on the team sheet.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

And our entire first 11 was built for around the same amount you paid for one of your strikers ???

Stockdale £1.5 million

Bruno- Free
Goldson- 300k
Dunk- Academy
Rosenior- Free

Knockaert- £2.5 million
Kayal- 300k
Stephens- 600k
Murphy- £1.5 million

Hemed- £1 million
Baldock- £1.5 million

Jordan Rhodes- £9 million

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Adam Clayton... Ah the same fella who didn't turn up for his Boro medical as he really wanted to join us? Class player I agree - about on a level with Kayal - who Boro fans know next to nothing about, but still constantly claim Clayton is better :thumbsup:

Thanks for registering though - Do feel free to remind us how much Downing and Rhodes cost... :)

Clayton went to Boro for £1.5million. Not exactly a bargain eh?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/28/huddersfield-middlesbrough-championship-match-report

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Correct answer - close this thread and keep quiet!
What's the point in having moderators if they can't even do the basics?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Excellent player - just needs to add goals and then he will be complete

It's not really his fault that he doesn't get more goals. If you watch his interactions with the touchline during games he is always asking to push forward and gets told to stay in position. That's because the Manager knows he is excellent at breaking up the play of the opposition and stopping them breaking quickly.

Its as important not to concede as it is to score and Kayal breaks up so many opposition attacks by not pushing forward like he always wants to do.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Any news on the King after last night ? He was really struggling in the last few minutes after it looked like he properly strained his groin

Not telling you how this was sent or from what device [emoji867]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here