Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kayal

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Agree with all that IF that were the case. Hughton told us afterwards "Kayal WAS working through a niggling injury, but that's in the past. I chose to give him a REST".

Stupid stupid stupid stupid

Manager's give out the information they feel they need to give out. You only rest a player if they need rest. He doesn't need to go into any detail about every bit of swelling, or problem a player might have. Keep your cards close to your chest at this stage of the season.

You only have to look at the pattern of him being subbed off and rested to realise that he is dealing with something, regardless of whether that needs to be made public or not.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I hope I am wrong here, but are we seeing a facet of CH in that he brings in a Prem player on loan who he personally rates and believes in - then persists in doggedly selecting him despite less than good performances . He has belief that they will come good.
I just thought of Leon Best , last season......

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Manager's give out the information they feel they need to give out. You only rest a player if they need rest. He doesn't need to go into any detail about every bit of swelling, or problem a player might have. Keep your cards close to your chest at this stage of the season.

You only have to look at the pattern of him being subbed off and rested to realise that he is dealing with something, regardless of whether that needs to be made public or not.

I agree.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
After the Preston home game and in particular the decision to rest him away at Cardiff, I'd have hoped Hughton would have learnt his lesson by now about not picking the player who is clearly the most outstanding talent in the team

How many more points do we need to throw away before he learns?

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
I thought he was close to suspension, and assumed this why he was on the bench, one more would have mean't a 2 game ban, but records are wiped after saturday??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here