Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kayal/Stephens

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I actually thought the one positive was they were still bossing some authority on 3 very good CMs from Boro :shrug: Agree both looked tired much like the whole team. VLP & Murphy had poor games and I believe our lack of depth solely due to bad luck on the injury front cost us a lot Sat - he didn't have anyone to swap on really, as clearly doesn't fancy Elvis yet..

Murphy has been singled out a lot recently, I wouldn't be surprised if his attacking game has been somewhat curtailed as he has to provide cover for an ageing Calderon.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I also don't think we were outplayed at the weekend.

I watched a team play and execute the almost perfect AWAY performance. They packed the midfield sat in tight, made it difficult for us to break them down and hit on the break very well. Two of their goals were from Corners where we looked vulnerable.

In previous games we had better ''offensive options'' in terms of players available to us - With those players missing we broke down easily and got caught in possession and got punished. You always have a couple of games like that in a season.

I totally agree that it was an expertly executed performance by Middlsboro but by no means did I think we looked second best. The are a good tactical side and that counts for a lot but once we have all our offensive missing players back from injury then we are too.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
There are probably two or three games we should play 3 in midfield this season from the start, this was the first. We needed to be at our best for this Boro team with partnerships like Bong-Kaz, Greer-Dunk & Bruno-March flourishing. We'll be back ahead of Boro come mid-Jan - no real harm done other than to Uwe.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Funny how we all see the game in differing ways, I thought Stephens was strong on Saturday and Kayal was the weaker of the pairing. Kaylal did ok but gave the ball away cheaply, while it's great to play positive football sometimes just play it short and keep the ball.
They are a fantastic pairing, maybe we are missing Baldock who tracks back very well and helps out in midfield, I get the feeling that Wilson is tad lazy.
Totally agree about Murphy, his form has dipped with Calde behind him, I really feel we need Chicksen playing at left back giving Murphy better service and maybe an overlapping run.
I really wouldn't change the system, it's worked well all season, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here