Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kayal and Stephens to be offered extended contracts

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hence why we should get Sidwell signed up, either as a replacement for Stephens or a squad player who will get plenty of games. Really hope we can get Stephens to sign but will understand if Burnley or the like come in with an offer to double his wages. Just hope it's not because he doesn't feel wanted, as Barnes has since stated since he left. The club appear to have fecked up there but times and recruitment people have changed since then.

Sidwell plus A. Nother required as cover for injuries/suspension and loss of form ..there's no one currently on the books anywhere near there class

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
What is Judge's role at Brentford? The first 20 minutes or so at the AMEX he seemed to be left, right and central midfield as well as playing off the striker.

Exactly, he can play anywhere in midfield and is pretty darn useful - but I suspect Brentford wouldnt sell him to us unless for silly money

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sidwell plus A. Nother required as cover for injuries/suspension and loss of form ..there's no one currently on the books anywhere near there class

If we keep Stevens I don't think we'll be signing anyone other than an Ince or a JFC or someone from the development squad. No decent name player is going to agree to be 4th choice...imo

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
We should also be lining someone like Alan Judge up as a possible replacement

I would like to think that the new players coming in will be of a higher standard than Alan Judge. he is fairly decent player but I think there must be better floating around in the European leagues

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I would like to think that the new players coming in will be of a higher standard than Alan Judge. he is fairly decent player but I think there must be better floating around in the European leagues

What are Chris' hopes and expectations for Richie Towell?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Christ really ! i bloody hope so but i doubt it.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Have not heard of any Burnley interest in either Kayal or Stephens, but we do need two central midfielders to replace Barton and provide competition for Marney (32) and Jones (31) .....although Marney is easily the fittest player in the entire squad despite his age and a big favourite of Dyche.

The usual Lansbury speculation has reared its ugly head again (yawn), rumours about Westwood and Dorrans (God forbid). The only thing I do know is that Burnley had a bid for Judge rejected before he broke his leg (so Dyche may go back in January or even before) and also Alex Pritchard......Pritchard had agreed to join us on loan in February until bloody Pulis came in at the last minute and offered PL football.......and then, typical Pulis, only gave AP a measly 30 minutes as a sub spread over two games.

I'd love Pritchard at Burnley, reunited with Andre Gray, but I hear Spurs want £8 million. No chance will Burnley pay that, but maybe we get him on a season-long loan with guaranteed game time...well more than WBA gave him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The club screwed up with Barnes by making the fans hate him?? I think the fans made him feel unwelcome all by themselves.

I think it was more to do with the lack of enthusiasm by the club to give him a decent new contract was what he was alluding to when he said he didn't feel wanted. Not the dickheads who abused and booed him whilst he was on the pitch, although that can't have helped when he was mulling over the offers.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If they don't sign, I'm going to need a pack of these...
img_1927.jpg

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Have not heard of any Burnley interest in either Kayal or Stephens, but we do need two central midfielders to replace Barton and provide competition for Marney (32) and Jones (31) .....although Marney is easily the fittest player in the entire squad despite his age and a big favourite of Dyche.

The usual Lansbury speculation has reared its ugly head again (yawn), rumours about Westwood and Dorrans (God forbid). The only thing I do know is that Burnley had a bid for Judge rejected before he broke his leg (so Dyche may go back in January or even before) and also Alex Pritchard......Pritchard had agreed to join us on loan in February until bloody Pulis came in at the last minute and offered PL football.......and then, typical Pulis, only gave AP a measly 30 minutes as a sub spread over two games.

I'd love Pritchard at Burnley, reunited with Andre Gray, but I hear Spurs want £8 million. No chance will Burnley pay that, but maybe we get him on a season-long loan with guaranteed game time...well more than WBA gave him.

Which is exactly why you will be relegated after just one season AGAIN. That is the attitude your club took last time out, preparing for the promotion push of the following season. Makes promotion a waste of time. If you can't change that attitude with a £200m windfall then history will repeat itself.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Both excellent players,and worthy of improved contracts......but lets not forget we failed to win promotion .

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014

Erm. Are you serious?! Bore off! FFS. Isn't there some other forum where others might actually have an interest in your chosen team of interest? You're welcome here to come and discuss BRIGHTON relevant topics; I completely understand why you would find us more interesting, but get real. Why would you waste our time and your own chatting sh!t at that length about Burnley, of all teams, here? YAWN!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here