Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kayal a villa target

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bloom was very clear. No one will leave in January that WE want to stay. Villa obviously see one auto promotion spot up for grabs and us in it and will do anything to unsettle us.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
They are going to have to improve on that to get to the playoffs.

Now that they have one of the best Championship managers around, I think they'll improve no end. Once Bruce has spent his January war chest (and he won't be luring any of our players) and worked out how to get the best from Gestede, Kodjia & McCormack, Villa will be a force to be reckoned with.

Hopefully we already have enough of a lead for them not to be a threat. A draw at Villa park won't be a disaster.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Now that they have one of the best Championship managers around, I think they'll improve no end. Once Bruce has spent his January war chest (and he won't be luring any of our players) and worked out how to get the best from Gestede, Kodjia & McCormack, Villa will be a force to be reckoned with.

Hopefully we already have enough of a lead for them not to be a threat. A draw at Villa park won't be a disaster.

Given that it is the last game of the season we should know 100% for sure whether it will or won't be a disaster

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Kayal isn't going anywhere in January. In June he will have a number of offers to pick from, including ours, I suspect many of them will be a better opportunity and more lucrative than anything Villa can offer.

I am a little disappointed with the whole Kayal situation, we took a punt on him when he wasn't getting a game at Celtic and have provided the opportunity he has now, I would have hoped he would have signed a new contract, with a relevant release clause, to allow us to get fair value for him. As things stand he walks for nothing at the end of the season, and we will have to pay a lot to replace him one way or the other.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Kayal isn't going anywhere in January. In June he will have a number of offers to pick from, including ours, I suspect many of them will be a better opportunity and more lucrative than anything Villa can offer.

I am a little disappointed with the whole Kayal situation, we took a punt on him when he wasn't getting a game at Celtic and have provided the opportunity he has now, I would have hoped he would have signed a new contract, with a relevant release clause, to allow us to get fair value for him. As things stand he walks for nothing at the end of the season, and we will have to pay a lot to replace him one way or the other.

He cost £175K plus add on's which is nothing in this day and age. We have got more than our money's worth out of Beram. Club and player owe each other nothing once his contract comes to an end. Some players get released by clubs with little regard as to what happens to them after that, so someone like Beram really owes us nothing come June.

That said, don't assume that he won't sign a new contract. If we go up then some players would get left behind and I presume he would only sign if he got some assurances that he would be part of the Managers plans in the Premiership, so I can fully understand why he might want to wait before signing a new contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here