Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Katie Taylor - what a fighter!

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
A fantastic fight from the pair of them. A top level fight. Of skill, strength, timing & stamina.

big respects to both of them & congrats to Katie, who although badly hurt in rounds 4&5 did enough for me in rounds 1,2,8,9 & 10 with 3 & 6 close.

A great fight

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Women boxing is just as good as the men's. Really looking forward to the Marshall/Shields fight. They really don't like each other, and it'll be another brutal fight.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Call me old-fashioned, but that's a disgusting sport. Two women beating the hell out of each other and you call it sport. Mind you, men's boxing is no better. And people want to watch it??

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Call me old-fashioned, but that's a disgusting sport. Two women beating the hell out of each other and you call it sport. Mind you, men's boxing is no better. And people want to watch it??

American Football, rugby, boxing, heading a football, all scientifically proven to cause chronic brain trauma, but it’s a money machine. You wouldn’t catch Eddie or Barry Hearn donning boxing gloves in the ring, nor the NFL commissioner stepping onto the grid iron but they’re happy for their hapless pawns/cash cows to do so. I appreciate footballs are lighter than in Geoff Astle’s day, but watching some of Dunky’s headed clearances on Saturday...

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

You are old fashioned.

But I agree with you, so I am too :shrug:

Each to their own I suppose.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

e26.jpg

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
Serrano definitely edged it. Joke decision, but Taylor did fantastically to hang in there after taking some brutal early punishment.

You can’t “edge” a decision then call the scoring “a joke”. Serrano took the early rounds then Taylor later rounds. Could have gone either way. Brilliant fight though !!

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Serrano definitely edged it. Joke decision, but Taylor did fantastically to hang in there after taking some brutal early punishment.

Taylor has the better of rounds 1/2, 3 pretty even. 4/5 Serrano 6 even, 7/8 Taylor 9 and 10
Even. I had Taylor by 2 based on that.
Serrano won rounds 4/5 clearly but Katie got her feet moving again and was the cleaner puncher later on.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Great fight and the decision could have gone either way but the best part for me was the post fight conference. Serrano wasnt bitter about the result (although could have been). Was proud to have been involved. Acknowledged how good a fighter KT is. So much dignity and humility.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Great fight and the decision could have gone either way but the best part for me was the post fight conference. Serrano wasnt bitter about the result (although could have been). Was proud to have been involved. Acknowledged how good a fighter KT is. So much dignity and humility.

And how much she will make in the rematch 😂

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Taylor showed amazing courage. I was hoping it would be a draw because they were both unbelievable. Best fight I've seen in a long time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here