Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Katie Hopkins gets SUPER trolled

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Actually she doesn't speak HER mind . And she says exactly what she thinks everyone wants to hear. That was obvious from he foul mouthed rant of an acceptance speech because that what she was led to believe everyone in that room wanted to hear.

I don’t think she walks through her front door, pulls off her ‘mask’ and transforms into a nun after a day of ‘performances’, spending her evenings volunteering at the Red Crescent. It’s not an act, just to earn money. And if it ever was, it failed as a USP. She’s definitely a bit racist!

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Fair enough - I was up at 4.30am this morning and off to work, didn't get home until 9.15pm - and am still at my keyboard at half past midnight.. As long as you get my point, I'll take the 'hash of it' and accept it. I'm tired. :wink:

I get your point and agree with it. She had bottle and front which ordinarily would be refreshing. But it’s often for ‘shock factor’ I think.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Fair enough - I was up at 4.30am this morning and off to work, didn't get home until 9.15pm - and am still at my keyboard at half past midnight.. As long as you get my point, I'll take the 'hash of it' and accept it. I'm tired. :wink:

That’s alright mate. And with that, I bid you good night. Both need some sleep, I’ve had a not dissimilar week and just ain’t sleeping properly these days. Up in a few hours, better try again! :wave:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don’t think she walks through her front door, pulls off her ‘mask’ and transforms into a nun after a day of ‘performances’, spending her evenings volunteering at the Red Crescent. It’s not an act, just to earn money. And if it ever was, it failed as a USP. She’s definitely racist!

I agree with you 100% - She undoubtedly Racist.

All I was trying to suggest was that in contrast to the post I responded to. She plays to a Particular Audience. It just happens that she actually plays up to a Racist Audience

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If you stuck three tonnes of Daily Mail newspapers in a vat of water, then formed them into a human - she would be that human.

However, I'm sorry - but she speaks her mind and isn't afraid of the backlash. In an age of tip-toeing around people's feelings and saying what everyone wants to hear - I've a grudging respect for someone who says what she thinks, right or wrong. Yes, she's usually wrong - before you flame me.

As with everything, there's a middle ground. Recoiling with horror so hard you fall over and place the back of your hand on your forehead at anything which isn't the 'popular' viewpoint - and basically being a Katie Hopkins... Something in between would surely be a starting point for a decent debate?!

Lots of people speak their mind, but it isn't their career.

She doesn't really belief half the vile nonsense she spouts. If she did, she would be suffering from extreme paranoia and receiving medical help.

The reality is that she has attempted badly to carve out a "shock jock" anti-PC media career whilst remaining sensible enough to be employable. It's quite clear (especially from the way she uses her hands in interviews) she has received expensive media training. The far right and paranoid are more than her audience, they are her market.

If she was an authentic political figure, she wouldn't waste her time having a go at overweight celebrities. Her act is simply to abuse as many people as possible knowing there is a sustainable market of people who like to listen to someone abusing as many people as possible.

In the time of Trump, anti-establishment feeling, fears about immigration, Brexit etc.. this really should be her "time". Unfortunately Katie Hopkins clearly isn't intelligent, talented or nuanced enough to sustain her "act".

Listen to her speeches, she is a thick as mince opportunist hiding behind a posh persona.

Simply a very sad washed up performer crippled with debt who is running out of places to perform.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've seen a few pranks, but none as detailed and perfectly executed as this.

I've never been keen on them, but when she got to the epileptic bit I realised just how brilliant this one was.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've seen a few pranks, but none as detailed and perfectly executed as this.

I've never been keen on them, but when she got to the epileptic bit I realised just how brilliant this one was.

It was clever, but then again she really isn't. I'm surprised someone didn't attempt it before.

As a "media personality" her effectiveness is hugely inflated. She had her chance with a Daily Mail column but drifted back into posting on Twitter without the cash to get proper advice.

Tommy Robinson on the other hand obviously has the cash and advice to prevent journalists doing a proper sting on him.

The only downside of her twitter ban is we don't get to see her humiliation. Best in the long term.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It was clever, but then again she really isn't. I'm surprised someone didn't attempt it before.

As a "media personality" her effectiveness is hugely inflated. She had her chance with a Daily Mail column but drifted back into posting on Twitter without the cash to get proper advice.

Tommy Robinson on the other hand obviously has the cash and advice to prevent journalists doing a proper sting on him.

The only downside of her twitter ban is we don't get to see her humiliation. Best in the long term.

I'd be surprised if she gets media work now after what she said in the video. Even some of the more extreme elements will probably steer clear.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
However, I'm sorry - but she speaks her mind and isn't afraid of the backlash. In an age of tip-toeing around people's feelings and saying what everyone wants to hear - I've a grudging respect for someone who says what she thinks, right or wrong. Yes, she's usually wrong - before you flame me.

L!

Says what she thinks - or says what she thinks will gain Twitter followers and publicity?

I don’t see anything to respect in an individual who’s contributed nothing positive to society. Pandering to the most spiteful elements of the population isn’t brave. It’s dangerous and divisive.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
After witnessing the devastation that Farage, Johnson, Rees-Mogg and Tommy Robinson have unleashed on our country, this makes me happy.
Let's hope she disappears and rots away somewhere.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
she perfectly encapsulates everything that's wrong with Britain

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Truly vile person who like Trump is a great manipulator of social media. Same playbook being anti elitist and appealing to the lowest common denominator, which unfortunately in this day and age of soundbites works.
Being trolled by posh boys will probably reinforce her credentials with that base. Although the majority will love the setup I’d rather she did not get the extra oxygen she craves. Although my posting feeds into that narrative.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I'd put her in a room with Piers Morgan for the day, and wait for the feathers to fly. They are made for each other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here