Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kasim & Simmonds extend deals, Matutu released.

SE4 GULL

Oct 8, 2010
Brockley LONDON SE4
Kasim and Simmonds have extended their deals with the club (not sure how long for), Luc Matutu has been released.

Andy Whing won't be extending his loan with Leyotn Orient and has returned to the Albion.

Has anyone seen much of Kasim and Simmonds? How did they get on against Crawley?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Figured when he wasn't in the squad yesterday that Matutu had gone and wondered about Simmonds as he was only on the bench. From the little I've heard Kasim seems to be pretty much first team squad ready. With him and Bridcutt and Navarro we are very well off indeed for defensive midfield cover

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Whingy will be lucky to find a taker tbh. If he is still with us in February I could see us paying off his contract to give him the chance of a move

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
Saw Kasim yesterday for reserves and he was impressive. Tough in the tackle, sheilded well when in posession, aware and played a nice pass. Big girls blouse wears one of those snood things so not all good....:facepalm:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
asabove,watched him 3/4 times now,very comfortable on the ball

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Kasim controled the midfield very well yesterday, good accurate passing, looked composed on the ball and a very competent player. Snood and gloves, perhaps trying to out do Baz who was just in gloves. One of the Crawley players said he could not get near the ball yesterday and was very impressed with our passing game, saying it was achieved by good coaching as everyone has to do carry it out to make it a sucess. He asked about four players he thought were good - they were Kasim, Baz, Batty and Dunk

Simmonds was on the bench but played no part.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've never even heard of Matutu (surely to be known as Des). Where did he come from??

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Kasim controled the midfield very well yesterday, good accurate passing, looked composed on the ball and a very competent player. Snood and gloves, perhaps trying to out do Baz who was just in gloves. One of the Crawley players said he could not get near the ball yesterday and was very impressed with our passing game, saying it was achieved by good coaching as everyone has to do carry it out to make it a sucess. He asked about four players he thought were good - they were Kasim, Baz, Batty and Dunk

Simmonds was on the bench but played no part.

batty imo wasnt very good,i havent seen him have a good game yet,but along with baz still learning

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
batty imo wasnt very good,i havent seen him have a good game yet,but along with baz still learning

That looked a nailed on penalty he won running into the box first half, ref perhaps should have booked him for diving!

He has definatly had his moments in games, but Gus has surely brought certain players in with longer term veiws, especially the overseas players who will benefit by playing games like these.

I wonder if he would consider loaning them out so they play regular competitve English footy.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
with the two argies,did they just get one year visas? looked a dive at the time,should i been booked,they both just look too lightweight,whereas jamie smith certainly gets stuck in

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
with the two argies,did they just get one year visas? looked a dive at the time,should i been booked,they both just look too lightweight,whereas jamie smith certainly gets stuck in

Im not sure how true it is but I heard they have Italian Passports?

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Simmonds and Kasim excite me...I mean, they came from Villa and Spurs respectively, and if Bridcutt is anything to go by, could turn out to be very good players and become important to our future as a, hopefully, premiership side :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here