Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Kasabian frontman, Tom Meighan leaves the band.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Ultravox achieved greater commercial success after John Foxx left and was replaced with Midge Manure.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Fleetwood Mac became phenomenally successful after their frontman Peter Green left (and also more sexually appealing).

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Whatever happened to Duran Duran after their original vocalist Stephen "Tin Tin" Duffy left?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Exactly without mr Le Bon they probably won’t be the pop gods they are . Oh shall I say paper gods !

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Thoughts to woman he's attacked and the child who called 999 after watching it!

Totally agree. He assaulted his girlfriend in a "sustained attack", dragged her back into the house by her ankles and a terrified kid dialled 999 - and he gets community service. What sort of message does that send out about domestic abuse and women's safety?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fairport Convention and Jefferson Airplane both replaced their lead singer and shot to greater success. Sandy Denny and Grace Slick were both a huge step up from their predecessors.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Totally agree. He assaulted his girlfriend in a "sustained attack", dragged her back into the house by her ankles and a terrified kid dialled 999 - and he gets community service. What sort of message does that send out about domestic abuse and women's safety?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As I said, the sentence seems ridiculously lenient.

Perhaps more will come out. But zero excuses for the actions that he has already admitted to.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Never been a band that came back stronger after losing their frontman. Oh well

No Doubt

The original frontman was John Spence. Gwen Stefani was supplying backing vocals but then stepped up after Spence's death.

Journey

Steve Perry replaced Robert Fleischman and success followed.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Except AC/DC were better with Bon Scott

Funny enough in my original post I nearly put that this may be open to debate. I can't comment as not a huge AC/DC fan. If you look at sales figures since Brian they've not done too bad!

As for Maiden I'm fanatical so well qualified to comment. Paul Dianno's less stereotypical punk like attitude and voice helped them emerge from the raft of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal. But a lack of commitment and substance abuse was his undoing. Dickinson took them to the next level vocally, in song writing and on stage craft.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Yeah thanks (not being sarcastic) but I don't even want to read all that after being on the receiving end of the British "Justice" system and it's complete joke of sentencing guidelines.

Suffice to say, I suppose I shouldn't have been in any way surprised.......... Naivety that logic should prevail in life has always been a downfall of mine tbf.

EDIT - so of course I DID read it, and it's a total disgrace. What a mess of a country we now live in.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Faith No More

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Full statement out from Kasabian now...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here