Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Karl Robinson approached by Albion

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Or will he be thinking about us doubling or tripling his money? It's not like he had a long league career or is independently wealthy. This will be a very attractive position for him, no doubt whatsoever.

How do you know we would be tripling his money. What is he earning now and what are we offering him?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The more I consider this, the more I reckon this would be an excellent appointment.

Get him IN !

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
How do you know we would be tripling his money. What is he earning now and what are we offering him?

I'm pretty comfortable with it as an educated guess. MK Dons are reknowed for a tight budget. We pay managers enough to interest ex-players of the calibre of Poyet, Garcia and Hyypia.

If you choose to believ otherwise, then fine

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I'm pretty comfortable with it as an educated guess. MK Dons are reknowed for a tight budget. We pay managers enough to interest ex-players of the calibre of Poyet, Garcia and Hyypia.

If you choose to believ otherwise, then fine

Agreed.....he would be taking a step up in wages IMO. Club probably bigger fanbase and potential but would it be enough to swap bottom championship from chasing promotion from L1.....I think so:thumbsup:

Do we want the same tired old failures like Hughton or McDermott or someone like Robinson who is on the up and deserves a crack, MK Dons are playing some terrific attacking football at the moment and he would be a great choice for me

I wouldn't consider Hughton or McDermott as failures whatsoever. Hughton won the league at the first attempt with Newcastle and Norwich getting rid of him ended up in their relegation. McDermott got a very average Reading team from around the bottom of the league into the Prem as champions whilst no manager on this earth could make a success of that Leeds team.

I get the point of wanting someone different though. Feels as if we have lost that individual spark under Hyppia. I remember talking to a Blackburn fan and in jest he likened us to Real Madrid. He was obviously exaggerating, yet he was very genuine in saying that he and others were in awe of our play. We really need to return to that style of play we had built up.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I've got mixed feelings on this, experienced young manager with knowledge of lower league and English football, plays a good brand of football which should entertain. He isn't a journeyman manager who has been everywhere and achieved very little so hopefully very ambitious.

That said has he got the experience or the clout to stand up to the board and say what he wants and what he wants to achieve. We need someone strong with both the players and the board.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I am pleasantly pleased with this, I like his style of play young and passionate.....

Go on Karl stick to em, get this team playing football with passion.

Attachments

• Karl-Robinson1.jpg
    Karl-Robinson1.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,713

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Do we want the same tired old failures like Hughton or McDermott or someone like Robinson who is on the up and deserves a crack, MK Dons are playing some terrific attacking football at the moment and he would be a great choice for me

Agreed..

This is unbelievable - he has failed year after year at MK Dons even with some of the biggest budgets in League 1. Regularly gets his arse handed to him by the carthorse teams Crawley put out.

Do the board have a death wish? Spend so much money on infrastructure but such a miserable lack of ambition on the playing side?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
If KR is appointed we will go down and stay down until someone at the balls to boot him.
Simply NOT good enough.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That would be a shocker! He's never even managed to get MK Dongs in the play offs in Div 1 has he?

This. But he wears a suit, sounds articulate and that he likes to play pretty football, and he hasn't managed at this level (because as his record shows, he isn't good enough) so he will be cheap.

So he's nailed on for the job. How utterly depressing. :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here