Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Karim Rekik?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The sort of player we should be targeting on loan in January? Youthful centre back who was on loan to Portsmouth nearing the end of last season, who was on the whole, superb for them.

"Karim Rekik snuffed out the threat of Crystal Palace dangerman Wilfried Zaha and vowed: There is still hope.

The Dutch teenager fought fire with fire to nullify the speed and trickery of one of the English game’s rising stars last night.

Rekik used his own turn of pace to handle Zaha and help Pompey earn a 2-1 win thanks to his man-of-the-match performance."

Rekik refuses to give up hope - Pompey latest - Chichester Observer

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Chelsea have an immense young Dutch CB I beleive who I'd also be looking at. We have no idea what goes on behind the scenes but surely there are top prospects at the bigger Prem clubs who need a run in a first team and are ball playing CBs

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Chelsea have an immense young Dutch CB I beleive who I'd also be looking at. We have no idea what goes on behind the scenes but surely there are top prospects at the bigger Prem clubs who need a run in a first team and are ball playing CBs

Jeffrey Bruma. I think he is on loan in Germany somewhere though.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Yeah, Bruma as NE says. What I like about Rekik especially is he can play defensive midfield and left back as well as at centre back, two positions which we lack decent cover for (as I'm sure we'll see in the coming weeks without Bridge)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

For some reason, we don't seem to be able to attract many loan players from Premiership sides.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Nathan Ake - signed from Feyernoord (sp) before his 16th birthday.

NathanAke.jpg

CAPTAINED the DUTCH under17's to the European Championship title (played in an unfamiliar midfield role during the Championships) and what's more scored his side’s 2nd PENALTY in the final shoot out win over Germany (good pens pedigree that)! He is also left footed, nippy and big............ with funky hair :D Looks bit like Guillet to me.

Ake.jpg

Bruma and van Aanholt are in Germany starting for top tier teams but Chelsea have a history of loaning them out to sides like us first....... check out van Aanholt's loan history from wiki and it reads

2009 → Coventry City (loan) 20 (Champ at time?)
2010 → Newcastle United (loan) 7 (Champ at time?)
2011 → Leicester City (loan) 12 (Champ)
2011–2012 → Wigan Athletic (loan) 3 (step up but didn't break in)
2012– → Vitesse (loan) 20 (Playing in European and domestic games)

Surely Gus can pull some strings!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here