Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Karbownik recalled from loan

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Imagine him and Lamptey bombing down opposite flanks! Good luck to the opposition...

https://youtu.be/YOJNnl1A7U8

I’ve said it before but he is the closest player we have to Lamptey from his showreels. Quick, skilful and full of energy. He just looks like a totally natural wing back. Fantastic back up for March at LWB but gives Potter another option at RWB if we want to be more attacking against more defensive teams.

It’ll be goodbye to Bernardo sadly, I remember thinking what a player we had in some of his first games. Very much a Hughton player though; he has height, pace and defends very well on the flanks but his passing and speed of thought is not quite what Potter needs.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Perfect.
He is right footed, by the way. So an option on either side.

Paul Watson was a left footed right back for us, and was incredibly effective. I always feel that Watson often gets overlooked in terms of how pivotal he was for us in those promotion seasons. Granted that was largely due to his ability with set peices (he would be the best in the current team as well, he was that good), but I also think his ability to put inswinging crosses from normal play was also a large part of it. I'm really hopeful about Karbownik and I'd like to think this might be something he has in the locker.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Paul Watson was a left footed right back for us, and was incredibly effective. I always feel that Watson often gets overlooked in terms of how pivotal he was for us in those promotion seasons. Granted that was largely due to his ability with set peices (he would be the best in the current team as well, he was that good), but I also think his ability to put inswinging crosses from normal play was also a large part of it. I'm really hopeful about Karbownik and I'd like to think this might be something he has in the locker.

Watto could've played at a higher level IMHO. Rolls Royce at times.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Polish chaps I took to games (remember when we used to go?) are beside themselves now.
Despite me moaning about them coming over here taking our jobs.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
And they've both played Champions League this season.
Super exciting times.

Moder didn't play Champions League football this season as Lech Poznan finished second in the Polish League so only qualified for the Europa League. Karbownik only played 2 games as Legia Warsaw were knocked out in the 2nd Qualifying Round, putting them into the Europa League qualification although they still got knocked out before the group stages.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Watto could've played at a higher level IMHO. Rolls Royce at times.

I think it's easy to forget just how good he was. I think his set peices were the best of any Albion player I've ever seen. Like you say Rolls Royce at times.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Moder didn't play Champions League football this season as Lech Poznan finished second in the Polish League so only qualified for the Europa League. Karbownik only played 2 games as Legia Warsaw were knocked out in the 2nd Qualifying Round, putting them into the Europa League qualification although they still got knocked out before the group stages.

I confuse my big boy European competitions.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Looks like a useful addition but i though GP wanted to trim the squad?

Who is likely to go I wonder?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Seemed quote a surprising move to me.

Quarantine, surely?

Moder is already here and training so it's possible he will be involved against Blackpool in some way. It's likely to be too early for Karbownik. If he isn't already in the country he's no chance of making the Blackpool game. I'm sure the club will be getting him tested 5 days after arrival to get him out of isolation as early as possible but that still wouldn't give any time for training before the cup game. He hasn't played since early December due to an injury that was reported to be keeping him out until January, so he may need a few weeks before he's back to full fitness.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Nice. Hope this is a story about Bernardo moving to St Elsewhere rather than about Lamptey and his latest injury.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Mate for Moder? Doubt we'll see much of him, unless Lamptey is really out for a long time

Not so sure. March has not had the best injury record in his career, will he remain available for ever game this season? Also gives Potter a great wing back option in the cup too.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Big shoes to fill.
A bloke whose Albion highlight was kicking Andone up the arse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here