Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kaoru Mitoma original painting

louisecobboldart

Jun 22, 2023
Just wanted to share that I’m open to offers on the original acrylic on canvas painting I created for the FA Cup SF programme cover. If you are interested or have any questions, please can you send me a DM or an email (art@louisecobbold.com). Thanks very much for letting me post on here, Louise 👩‍🎨☺️

Attachments

• 63CFC559-B38A-4675-B76D-20C8AA7D692A.jpeg
    63CFC559-B38A-4675-B76D-20C8AA7D692A.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 234
  • 4B98A1C3-322B-4F5D-A401-607888669C4B.jpeg
    4B98A1C3-322B-4F5D-A401-607888669C4B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 234

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
It's a fantastic painting and I'd love to own it, as most Albion supporters would, but I sense that
most fans would buy the new kit coming out (when I ask?) and stick "Mitoma" letters on the back rather than
buying art and hanging it up at home or whatever. But just my opinion. I hope it sells for you.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Karou might want it, or his mum …. Can’t think of anyone else

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Karou might want it, or his mum …. Can’t think of anyone else
Presume this is a joke that I don’t get. I’d love to get it for my daughter but highly unlikely I could afford it unfortunately. It’s a brilliant painting regardless of the fact it’s the original of the semi-final programme - a bit of historic Albion memorabilia right there…

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Presume this is a joke that I don’t get. I’d love to get it for my daughter but highly unlikely I could afford it unfortunately. It’s a brilliant painting regardless of the fact it’s the original of the semi-final programme - a bit of historic Albion memorabilia right there…
How would you feel if you had bought one of Cucurella a year ago? 😉😉

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
That's wonderful talent. This is excellent, I'm sure you could sell to commission. I hope that's part of your portfolio.

25 years ago, I commissioned a pair of paintings of the views from my then Yorkshire home. They cost me around £300 and I wish I had seen the artist's other work before I started that nonsense. They looked like somewhere from the Lake District on a cloudy day, you get what you paid for.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
That is genuinely a cracking work there! Hats off to your obvious talent. :thumbsup:

I'd maybe contact the club and get him to sign it, then auction it - and maybe say go halves on the final price with one half going to a charity of his choice?

If you can get publicity for it in Japan you could be quids in, as well as his charity!

Just a thought...

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Dec 29, 2011
That is genuinely a cracking work there! Hats off to your obvious talent. :thumbsup:

I'd maybe contact the club and get him to sign it, then auction it - and maybe say go halves on the final price with one half going to a charity of his choice?

If you can get publicity for it in Japan you could be quids in, as well as his charity!

Just a thought...
Take it to the players exit and get it signed when Mitoma walks out. Much simpler.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Just a thought...

Only the painter signs an oil painting!

There’s a photo on Louise’s website of her and Robert Plant holding a watercolour she did of him. It was sold for charity. Robert had signed it (I couldn’t see his sig on the image or the mount; I imagine it was on the back?).

There’s also an image of Gazza and Steve Bull holding a painting (acrylic?) obviously done by Louise of them both playing for England. By their image, each of them had signed - large (in black pen/felt tip/similar). It’s not stated what happened to that piece - purely a guess, it was for Bull.

Just a thought...
So this artist is obliged to give away half her earnings because it's not a self-portrait?

That's a bit rich coming from someone who's ripped off a photographer's work for their avator without the slightest thought of any commission.

Just a thought...

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
So this artist is obliged to give away half her earnings because it's not a self-portrait?

That's a bit rich coming from someone who's ripped off a photographer's work for their avator without the slightest thought of any commission.

Just a thought...
Bit of a knobby reply.

The idea was to get MORE for the painting, thus maximising the return for the artist.

Example : Sell it as is for, say, £500 - or get it signed, get Mitoma himself to promote it as it would benefit his chosen charity, and possibly get £5,000 for it instead. Go halves, and the artist has got FIVE TIMES what it would have been worth - then a charity also gets to benefit too. That's called a win/win.

For the record, if you're feeling all pompous about copyright, I suggest you contact the representatives of Heinrich Knerr (1862-1944) who famously painted that only portrait of Adolf Hitler in 1937 on your avatar. You owe him some money. You could also throw some money in the direction of the person who made the meme...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here