Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kamari Doyle

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I might have this wrong in which case apologies to Russell Martin, but isn't this the same Russell Martin who didn't make it with Brighton's youth academy? Sounds a bit like a long held grudge against the Albion saying ' If you are going to say you are leaving for first-team minutes or you are frustrated, don't go to Brighton.” Sounds more like he is still resentful of his departure from the club and the comment relates as much to his own experience with the club decades ago.
It is the same Russell Martin, and he does have some beef with Albion, but it doesn't stem from his time as a youth. Something to do with his academy/foundation and AITC I think. At one time he and the club worked together on stuff.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
It is the same Russell Martin, and he does have some beef with Albion, but it doesn't stem from his time as a youth. Something to do with his academy/foundation and AITC I think. At one time he and the club worked together on stuff.
Bit of a tool really. With his style of football and links to the city I would have thought he would have been a potential RDZ replacement in the future. Doubt it now.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If you are going to say you are leaving for first-team minutes or you are frustrated, don't go to Brighton.

Yeah, he's bang on here. We are utterly shit at giving youngsters minutes.

What a plum.
Add to that the guy has not been selected for their league match day squad 26 out of 28 games this season, and an unused sub for the other 2. Correct, plum.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I might have this wrong in which case apologies to Russell Martin, but isn't this the same Russell Martin who didn't make it with Brighton's youth academy? Sounds a bit like a long held grudge against the Albion saying ' If you are going to say you are leaving for first-team minutes or you are frustrated, don't go to Brighton.” Sounds more like he is still resentful of his departure from the club and the comment relates as much to his own experience with the club decades ago.

I'm with @Baldseagull on this one - it wouldn't make any sense that Martin is upset with Albion over his departure from the club, given that......it was HIS decision to leave the club. He was playing for the U-18s in 2003-04 but he wasn't a scholar as he was still in education at Varndean College. In actual fact, he was thankful for what Albion did for him. In his own words, from this article in the Argus from December 10 2003:-

"I asked to leave because I wasn't happy with the way I was playing and didn't feel as much a part of it as the scholars as they go in every day and I went in a couple of times a week.

"But Dean Wilkins, Martin Hinshelwood and all the coaching staff really helped me as a footballer. I've learned so much and gained useful experience. I felt the benefit of all that at the latest [English Schools' U-18s] trial."

So let's put that one to bed once-and-for-all.

(I cannot speak about any subsequent fall-out that may have happened since then, though).

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Add to that the guy has not been selected for their league match day squad 26 out of 28 games this season, and an unused sub for the other 2. Correct, plum.
As far as I am aware, Doyle has had injury concerns for much of this season. I don't think he has played ANY football since the end of September.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This Russell Martin?

twaaaaat.PNG

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Hope they stay in the Championship. Bitter and twisted fool…..

So he's in our U21 squad. I think I'm right in saying that nine of our U21 squad have appeared in Brighton's EPL match day squads this season: Jackson, Cavanagh, Barrington, Chouchane, Mahony, Dufus, Peupion, Hinchy & Baker Boaitey. The last four have got on too. In comparison, none of Southampton's U21s have appeared on Brighton's bench this season, so Doyle definitely has more chance playing for us where he is than where he was.

Flippancy aside. How about a team of players who have been in our U21 squad and played for us in the EPL? I'm sure there are more, but I dashed these off quickly just to show Russell that our U21s is not necessarily the dead end he thinks it might be:

Sanchez
White, Dunk, Van Hecke, March
Hinshelwood, Caicedo, Hinchy, Baker Boaitey
Ferguson, Connolly

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I would not read to much into his comments, it is all sound bites for the Southampton faithful, he knows what he is saying is bollox.
He still has strong connections in Brighton with his foundation and recently went back to Varndean to visit the various teams and shook my daughters hand after being introduced as the captain for her year by a certain Mr Tuck her sports teacher.

I would not read to much into his comments, it is all sound bites for the Southampton faithful, he knows what he is saying is bollox.
He still has strong connections in Brighton with his foundation and recently went back to Varndean to visit the various teams and shook my daughters hand after being introduced as the captain for her year by a certain Mr Tuck her sports teacher.
Certainly very strong links with Varndean yes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here