Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Kabul Explosion Being Reported Near Airport

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
consent and not in state of conflict would be good reason.

Did you miss the last line of the second paragraph?

Nearly 40,000 are assigned to classified missions in locations that the US government refuses to disclose.

Also, were they not in Afghanistan with the consent of the Afghan government?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Biden and Trump both had similar ideas in regards to withdrawing from Afghanistan.

Their policies diverge from each other though so far as once the Taliban started engaging and fighting with the Afghani forces Trumps policy would have been to halt the withdrawal and engage the Taliban.

Biden just kept on withdrawing.

That's not to say Trump's plan would have stopped the Taliban from taking power eventually.

It just meant that more time could have been afforded to getting people out of there in safer and less chaotic conditions.

Such was the lack of resistance they faced on their way to the capital.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Good highlighting.

Apologies.

If we were in the saloon bar this evening it would have been interesting.

I am a big 'Blair fan' so the fact you distance the 'extreme left' from him is encouraging.

:thumbsup:

No worries I also judged someone's politics with one post in this thread 😂

The extreme left label him a war criminal and Tony bLiar but he was the best prime minister in my lifetime. He achieved more for the left than any of them have.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Like I posted in the other Afghanistan thread.

I suppose the Masons (despite the failures of their CIA organisation) got their deal with the Talibans - probably with a mutual feeling that it wasnt a day too late. The Talibans get to rule Afghanistan and their leaders will be very rich, while the Masonic powers that be get their profit from the drug trade. If they are lucky, the Talibans will honor this agreement, unlike the last time when Mohammed Omar decided to end the opium production in Afghanistan - requiring intervention from the powers that be. As long as opium is produced by people who wont demand to be paid, turned into profit by those who make profit from everything in this world, and then ending up in the vains of people who might have otherwised voiced their dissatisfaction with this world, "everyone" will be happy. Break that chain and the powers that be will be there to save the day as usual.

... and now like a week later the yanks and the Taliban are best friends forever. Funny how coincidents always work out in the favour of the US and its oligarchy.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Biden and Trump both had similar ideas in regards to withdrawing from Afghanistan.

Their policies diverge from each other though so far as once the Taliban started engaging and fighting with the Afghani forces Trumps policy would have been to halt the withdrawal and engage the Taliban.

the only difference in their policies is Trump was going to withdraw in May. Trumps plan committed Taliban to not engaging with US forces, so when they commenced offensives against the Afghan forces months after the deal, US did nothing to halt the withdrawal plan.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
the only difference in their policies is Trump was going to withdraw in May. Trumps plan committed Taliban to not engaging with US forces, so when they commenced offensives against the Afghan forces months after the deal, US did nothing to halt the withdrawal plan.

The Trump plan was built around the Afghani Government making use of their army which had been trained and equipped to help maintain control of the Government and part of the deal was also to broker a working deal with the Taliban. The Taliban of course reneged on this deal.

This is where they diverge as at this junction Trump would have probably responded with a lot more force over the breaking of the deal.

Despite this deal and despite seeing the capitulation of that Afghani Army Biden just decided to keep cutting and running.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The Trump plan was built around the Afghani Government making use of their army which had been trained and equipped to help maintain control of the Government and part of the deal was also to broker a working deal with the Taliban. The Taliban of course reneged on this deal.

This is where they diverge as at this junction Trump would have probably responded with a lot more force over the breaking of the deal.

Despite this deal and despite seeing the capitulation of that Afghani Army Biden just decided to keep cutting and running.

Any why not?

It's abundantly clear that despite decades of training and aid the Afghani Army wasn't fit for purpose. The choice then becomes stay forever or get out. Even the Soviets didn't fancy staying forever. Effectively propping up Afghanistan with American troops forever is not a popular move in the US. It's why Biden and Trump had the same policy.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The explosion has occurred at the Abbey gate entrance where British troops are based.

The Taliban are laughing at the west and US, there will be complete carnage when we are all finally out.
Blair & Bush and the intertwined war machine and industries will have more blood on their hands to add to the countless lives lost on all sides and for what.... Nothing other than make a few very rich men richer....

Sick of politics and religion.

Updated for you.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

You are speculating so I still don’t see any divergence in the Trump/Biden plans.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Does not surprise me in the least, it was all about the war industry to the Americans, boost the economy with war.
Expendable youth, the majority of who only sign up to get their college education paid for.
Sick

This.

America hasn't been at war with anyone for too long.

They need to destabilise the region, so that there's someone to fight again.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

thats speculation, and deviation from the agreement. its evident US strategists hadn't considered (or properly assigned probability) to Taliban rolling up to Kabul in a few days without opposition. so far the terms of the agreement have held, Taliban dont attack US, US withdraw as agreed. if a speculative Trump, or Biden, changed mind, it would get very messy, very quickly.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Reading back through this thread it's almost like 9/11 never happened. Entirely understandable why the US went into Afghanistan in the first place and at least they tried (with others) to build a more stable progressive country ... sadly they/we failed and obviously the exit has been woefully mishandled.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No worries I also judged someone's politics with one post in this thread 😂

The extreme left label him a war criminal and Tony bLiar but he was the best prime minister in my lifetime. He achieved more for the left than any of them have.

:lolol:

Quite (Blair). My extreme left brother told me he'd rather vote Tory than Blair. I said something along the lines of 'if you had something in your eye you'd rather poke it out than let Blair look at it?'. That conversation didn't go well :facepalm:
:thumbsup:

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Reading back through this thread it's almost like 9/11 never happened. Entirely understandable why the US went into Afghanistan in the first place and at least they tried (with others) to build a more stable progressive country ... sadly they/we failed and obviously the exit has been woefully mishandled.

Has it been woefully mishandled? What is the benchmark for a evacuation in the face of a hostile regime change? The numbers the UK, the US and their allies have gotten out safely in a short period could be viewed as an incredible feat of logistics and organisation. I don't know, I'm not an expert in foreign evacuation policy and planning. I don't know what a realistic success criteria is for this, but not sure I could conclude it's woefully mishandled given just how many have been airlifted out to this point.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Has it been woefully mishandled? What is the benchmark for a evacuation in the face of a hostile regime change? The numbers the UK, the US and their allies have gotten out safely in a short period could be viewed as an incredible feat of logistics and organisation. I don't know, I'm not an expert in foreign evacuation policy and planning. I don't know what a realistic success criteria is for this, but not sure I could conclude it's woefully mishandled given just how many have been airlifted out to this point.

Surely the hostile regime change occurred because the US were pulling out. ie the Taliban saw the opportunity and took it.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
And if the "regular" Afghanis truly wanted the Taliban out they would have devised a way to fight them and finally hold their own country. Internal crime and operating in black market can be overcome. Look at Russia. On second thought, no, don't.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Surely the hostile regime change occurred because the US were pulling out. ie the Taliban saw the opportunity and took it.

Again, unless you are advocating staying in the country indefinitely, how should that have been handled? I'm not actually giving in an opinion here I might add, I'm asking how someone can have a definitive opinion on the success or otherwise of the exit from such a complex chaotic situation?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here