Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] JWP

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Same - watching at home with, ahem, Russian commentary I didn't celebrate at all as it seemed destined to be VARed out.

I spotted myself on one of the videos of the goal (they're hard to find, but you might find one on Twitter!). The ball bulges the net very satisfyingly, people round me go mental and seem to be standing still. After a short while I sort of stick one arm up to acknowledge the goal. In the fraction of a second it took for the magnificent Neal to score I thought:

- he'll miss
- bugger, it's hit the post
- surely he's offside

VAR might make for better decisions, but it definitely has affected the way I enjoy goals.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I spotted myself on one of the videos of the goal (they're hard to find, but you might find one on Twitter!). The ball bulges the net very satisfyingly, people round me go mental and seem to be standing still. After a short while I sort of stick one arm up to acknowledge the goal. In the fraction of a second it took for the magnificent Neal to score I thought:

- he'll miss
- surely he's offside

VAR might make for better decisions, but it definitely has affected the way I enjoy goals.
At home, both my son and I sat in silence as Maupay scored. We had seen Ward Prowse on the line but been unsure as to whether he'd then run and put Maupay into an offside position.

VAR has been loads better this season but I would still scrap it as it ruins moments like that.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
At home, both my son and I sat in silence as Maupay scored. We had seen Ward Prowse on the line but been unsure as to whether he'd then run and put Maupay into an offside position.

VAR has been loads better this season but I would still scrap it as it ruins moments like that.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

My wife had just come in that very moment. I said 'losing, a few minutes left - oh, he's scored - but it will be ruled out........................oh, hang on, it hasn't - ha ha ha ha ha'. That pause tells you all.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I've seen this done against world class free kick takers. Basically you give the opponent somewhere to aim for and then when it is about to be taken you rush a player into that part of the goal both to mind**** the free kick taker and to act as an extra goalkeeper

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

- he'll miss
- surely he's offside

That's my go to move, but oddly not this time.

We were JWP side of the goal but I didn't register him suddenly deciding his keeper didn't have the hamstrings to get to the top corner.

Yet for whatever reason (hope) I celebrated as if there wasn't a shadow of doubt.

I didn't look for the lino, the ref, nothing.
I locked onto Duffy before wondering 'where the fook is Maupay'...

...oh right over there :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here