Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Justice....McFadzean red card appeal rejected.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
you missed where he also confuses ...

Liam Rosenior for Beram Kayal (booked in 82nd min). Dale Stephens was also booked in the 61st minute.

I'd love to think he was trying to be a parody of a journalist, the Alan Partridge of print. If so it would be a work of genius. Sadly that's not the case though.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'd love to think he was trying to be a parody of a journalist, the Alan Partridge of print. If so it would be a work of genius. Sadly that's not the case though.

Do they pay him for it? Or is more care in the community?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Hemed got involved in the fracas between Stockdale and Mcfadzean after dongs scored so I reckon Mcfadzean's elbow on Hemed a few moments later was pre-meditated.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I can almost understand the fans on their forum bleating about the red card, mainly because most of them seem so thick (see "MK fans TV" for further reading). But for the manager to say the things he has and for the club actually to go as far as appealing it defies belief. I can only guess that they did it as they had nothing to lose by doing so at this stage of the season.......... but REALLY?!

Everyone knows that it's almost impossible to get a red card overturned in the Championship. Just look at the Murphy slip which was obvious on first viewing of a replay but was still upheld. In this case even they've even admitted that it was at least a yellow (so he'd have gone anyway) so how exactly did they think an appeal was going to work?

What a complete bunch of twats.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
What baffles me is why they're so convinced. It was an absolutely blatant and cynical elbow, 15 yards from the ref. They're saying he hesitated and got intimidated by our away fans, but he blew straight away and reached for his pocket almost immediately. I don't think he was in any doubt of what happened. It's not one of those "orange" card situations, he smashed him off the ball and it's a clear red.

On the other hand, their penalty was at best a mistake by the lino, at worst an outright guess, who Stephens has since quoted as saying he couldn't tell who'd handballed it. They don't seem to be discussing that at all, just suggesting Stockdale should be sent off for holding onto the ball after their goal (??), and McFadzean shouldn't have been sent off for an elbow to the head.

Peculiar club. I guess it's interesting to see that one-eyed bias is something fans of every club have in common.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Seriously - why did they appeal? Is there not the chance the ban gets increased after an appeal?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've just seen this on the Dongs forum.

While I'm not sure where his future lies in Albion terms, I hope we don't sell him to them, just because they clearly love him and it'll annoy them (even more than failing with an injury time penalty did).

3321gcp.jpg

D

Deleted User X18H

Not such player identification this week I grant you.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
No, but he in this week's column in Brighton and Hove News he did write this about our penalty.....

Unable to tell the difference between Murphy and Hemed is quite an achievement. But he then topped it with....

....being unable to tell the difference between Hemed and Wilson, and

also being unable to tell the difference between Dunk and Stephens.

It's almost as if [MENTION=1991]hove born&bred[/MENTION] sets out to nudge the bar on ineptitude higher and higher each time he starts typing.

You can read the whole SCOOP here

http://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2016/03/19/super-sub-hemed-kos-dons-as-albion-win-despite-late-drama/
Not to mention

Albion scored their first ever goals at Milton Keynes as Tomer Hemed netted a brace from the bench.
Must have been hell of a couple of shots from there

Hemed could have had a hat-trick but pulled a close-range shot wide from another Skalak cross.
Wasn't it LuaLua's cross, or was there another?

The assistant a late replacement, twirled his flag instead of placing it across his chest
There's no such signal in the FIFA guidelines.
The FA used the flag across the chest signal until 2014, when they reverted to the normal FIFA guideline

Last edited:

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
I've just seen this on the Dongs forum.

While I'm not sure where his future lies in Albion terms, I hope we don't sell him to them, just because they clearly love him and it'll annoy them (even more than failing with an injury time penalty did).

3321gcp.jpg
Selling him to AFC Wimbledon will make their gears grind even more :whistle: [emoji23]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here