Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just WHY are B'muff top of our league?

carteater

Blimey! Who the fark are we then? Real Ma-fugging-drid? Most of your quote above was probably used about us by countless clubs during our Withdean tenure under Poyet.

this, other teams must've been confused as to why 'little old brighton' from an athletics track were top of the league, same as some on here seem to be confused as to why 'little old bournemouth' from a small stadium are top of the league, I'm sure many had comments like that about blackpool when they were promoted as well.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So they've bought success?

I'm guessing that with the estimated £3 million they sold Grabban for, which they used to buy Callum Wilson with, they've been making pretty good use of Football Ebay.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Probably a number of things. Stability helps, and a decent manager, and they're not arrogant like we are - they're just going about their business.

Their 2 leading centre halves have, for whatever reason, been sold by us so they probably feel like they have something to prove.

Good luck to them.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Well a team like that must have paid a fortune to have two young centre backs like the ones they have, what a great scouting network they, as a club must have.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I
I ask you this question, even though I did actually think they were our best opponents at the Amex last season.

Is it their hungry young intellegent manager (apologies in advance for being unavoidably patronising)?
Is it their scouting network giving them an edge?
Have they got loads of dosh to buy promotion?
Is it their formation, perhaps?
Is it just sheer luck of unfathomable proportions?

At this particular point in time, why are they the best team in the Championship, little old B'muff, for facks sacks, in their small but nice stadium with the pay and display car park next door (again, really patronising and uncalled for, sorry)?

Why, NSC, oh why?

They are on an excellent run so fair play to them, but they will not be there and the end of the season.
I am more concerned about our league position and not theirs, however I would swap managers.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
There current team cost £4.1 million. They made that back in commision on the Southampton Lalana sale.

Wilson and Rantie combined cost more than £4.1 million. They've also got players on big wages so they should be challenging at the top considering the money they've spent.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Every Dog has it's day.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They have a very good manager who found that life elsewhere did not suit him so returned to a club in deep shit and in a few short seasons, with good backing from their sugar daddy, they sit at the top of the Championship. Good for them. The bit that I am very jealous of is that they have a manager who loves the club, is very ambitious and wants to fulfil his ambition at Bournemouth. How good would it have been for us to have had a manager like that over the last few seasons? I suggest would have reached the promised land by now.

I have always thought of Bournemouth as tinpot, even when we were at Gillingham and Withdean. They really are living the dream.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here