Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just stop a minute...

Johnny Fever

Jan 11, 2010
With all these threads about players who are leaving, players that we should sign and the goings on at other clubs, i think that we need to stop just for minute and think about what we have at our club.
To start with, we saw an absolute cracker of a goal yesterday. If that had been scored in the Premiershit, it would have been replayed on SSN about 50 times by now. I have not read a single reference to it on here.
Elliott Bennet is just the sort of player we should be talking about and being proud of. A great team player, some great goals this season, and runner up as player of the year. In my opinion he is worth a hundred times more than Calderon and Murray put together.
Lets not get so distracted and lose sight of the good, loyal players and manager that we have. It's team spirit (including the fans) that will get us promoted next year as much as anything and i'd much prefer to do it with a club that has some principles and integrity.
Poyet seems to have that integrity by the bucket load and he isn't prepared to accept players who don't respect that. So there are no second chances it seems for Calderon ( and hopefully not for Murray).

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Quite right, it was a great goal.

Now, back to Calderon...

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
With all these threads about players who are leaving, players that we should sign and the goings on at other clubs, i think that we need to stop just for minute and think about what we have at our club.
To start with, we saw an absolute cracker of a goal yesterday. If that had been scored in the Premiershit, it would have been replayed on SSN about 50 times by now. I have not read a single reference to it on here.
Elliott Bennet is just the sort of player we should be talking about and being proud of. A great team player, some great goals this season, and runner up as player of the year. In my opinion he is worth a hundred times more than Calderon and Murray put together.
Lets not get so distracted and lose sight of the good, loyal players and manager that we have. It's team spirit (including the fans) that will get us promoted next year as much as anything and i'd much prefer to do it with a club that has some principles and integrity.
Poyet seems to have that integrity by the bucket load and he isn't prepared to accept players who don't respect that. So there are no second chances it seems for Calderon ( and hopefully not for Murray).

Bennets great, but what a crap, roundabout way to have a go at our best striker.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Bennett scores so many crackers though it's not really a surprise to see him score another.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So there are no second chances it seems for Calderon ( and hopefully not for Murray).

A good post ruined by a complete t*sser moment you had at the end there.

Johnny Fever

Jan 11, 2010
Bennets great, but what a crap, roundabout way to have a go at our best striker.

But that's my point exactly.
Murray is probably exactly the opposite of what Poyet stands for. I don't think for a second that he would have chosen Murray if we had a goal-scoring forward who showed loyalty to the team and had some self discipline.
He's only our 'best' striker because non of the others (maybe apart from Barnes) have shown much goal scoring ability. He's just not very good at the other stuff which is important to a lot of our supporters, I think, in the long run.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Can we rename goal of the season to Bennett of the season? :blush:

V Gills
V Wycombe (F.A Replay)
V Charlton
V Yeovil
V Oldham
V Norwich

Any one of those would have won goal of the season last year :thumbsup:

Johnny Fever

Jan 11, 2010
A good post ruined by a complete t*sser moment you had at the end there.

I don't want this thread to develop into one arguing about Murray in particular, but lets be honest if anybody knows about t*sser moments in matches it's your man himself surely.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't want this thread to develop into one arguing about Murray in particular, but lets be honest if anybody knows about t*sser moments in matches it's your man himself surely.

Of course he has stupid moments, no one can deny that, but on his day there are VERY FEW better strikers in League One. But you seem to be insinuating some absolute b*llocks about him.

I believe Gus will get Murray´s head down and focused for pre-season.

If the shenanigans continue (silly and needless yellow and red cards) then I agree, he will probably have to go.

Johnny Fever

Jan 11, 2010
Of course he has stupid moments, no one can deny that, but on his day there are VERY FEW better strikers in League One. But you seem to be insinuating some absolute b*llocks about him.

I believe Gus will get Murray´s head down and focused for pre-season.

If the shenanigans continue (silly and needless yellow and red cards) then I agree, he will probably have to go.

We have no argument then.
Lets hope that if he is staying (and wants to stay) then Gus works his magic on the lad and he bangs in 30 goals next season. I will be delighted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here