Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just sign someone

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
if we just want to sign anyone then I'm available on a free transfer (signing on fee ~500k) I've played 90 minutes of football in the last 5 years and that's for a good reason - I'm shit. BUT. I am someone and a I available immediately and my wage demands wouldn't be too extravagant so I suggest the club gets in contact.

sherrinned

Aug 12, 2003
West Worthing
if we just want to sign anyone then I'm available on a free transfer (signing on fee ~500k) I've played 90 minutes of football in the last 5 years and that's for a good reason - I'm shit. BUT. I am someone and a I available immediately and my wage demands wouldn't be too extravagant so I suggest the club gets in contact.

Do you need an agent ???

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My car's looking a bit tired if I'm honest. My mate can spend £55k on a new BMW, why can't i? :angry:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

I'd sign on for £50k. I'm 60, have got a dodgy knee, but am fairly fit for my age - I can actually still run. And rather than talking in the £30k a week area, I'd do it got £30k per year.

Whether I would bring much to the table is another matter.

Then again, if there isn't a table involved, it might just be worth it. (I always thought the "what do you bring to the table" concept was a bit daft.)

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Maybe Bloom does not want to spunk £8 million of his money every year after laying out for the stadium & academy

This is a good answer. Many threads have "why don't we spend £ (add your millions here)" when they mean why doesn't Tony Bloom do it. If I'm one of the "we" in the former category, where do I send my 53 pence and who could "we" buy with it ?

As fans of the Albion we are all pretty much clueless as to the Albions spending power, and perhaps Mr Bloom has his money tied up in other projects or other aspects of the Albion project. He has sunk a few bob in it after all.

In the olden days - I remember,I started there- the first most supporters knew of a signing was in the Argus and of course in those days this could happen at any time, not just during fake fee inflating transfer windows. Most times you'd never heard of the player or knew if he was any good.Most times it was Joe Average from some first division reserves, and often hardly any new players came. Thus many teams had players who turned out more than El Abd, and many players were "versatile" which meant they played in as many positions as Adam Virgo . But "we" never spent any money - others did. Our money went at the turnstile, the jackpot tickets, now and again the programme. Little changes, eh ?

Oh, and I lied about Virgo. Nobody EVER played in as many positions as he did, often in the same game !

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Why do people compare us to other clubs and assume one club bidding £2m means another should. You may be able to go out a buy a Porsche today because they've got 10% off, doesn't mean your neighbour could?

Similarly, paying £2m for a striker isn't a good thing if a. There are better players for less money, b. Better players on different stages of their contracts or c. Deals that can be structured in a way that lowers the purchase price.

If we could bid £200m for Messi it would be pointless if we could only offer him £10k a week and Championship football.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Too many wet lettuces on here!! There's no way in hell our squad is staying he same come Feb, just wait.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
My car's looking a bit tired if I'm honest. My mate can spend £55k on a new BMW, why can't i? :angry:

I should have read the thread I seem to have used your example in my rant above ... apologies!:facepalm:

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've heard we're in for a guy from Asia, but he's a bit injury prone: Dod Ji-Nee.

Will he do? :moo: :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here