Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just received an email from friendsreunited - Is it spam/scam?

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
I just received an email from friendsreunited saying that someone had left me a message and to click a link to read it.

I don't recognise the name of the person, so my 1st guess is that it was some kind of email/password grabbing scam. However the link is legit, its the proper site. However the site seems snowed under with requests so I can't actually log in.

Makes me think its some kind of mass mailed spam to flood the site. Just wondering if anyone else had an email like this?

PS Yes it was from a girl. If I don't/didn't know her then hopefully I soon will ;)

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Yes I have. I think it's kosher. You get notified when people leave you a message, so I'm sure it's not a scam.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I had a similar one and it turned out to be a message for a reuniion for anyone that had been at my school in a ten year period so that might be why you don't recognise the name.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
i had one as well for a school reunion for all at seaford head school at the Event , so i think it is legit.

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
Of course it's legit. I had one too.

So I'm off to the cemetery next week for the school reunion.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Ok. Its just the fact that I can't actually login that raised suspicions. Perhaps its just a huge reunion planned!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Check the headers. Ensure it was actually sent by a friendsreunited.com server and not something else entirely OR a common mispelling of it (like freinds)

If they're clean, its 99% chance of being legit.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You shouldn't really click a link in an email if you're not 100% sure it's legit. Just go to the web site and log in normally. You'll soon find out if there's a message there for you that way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here