Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just posted on the official site mesage board

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
I have just read this posting on the official site message board...................I think they are worried.

Posted by no2falmer

The countryside believes all have a right to express their views. To this end, all local villages in East and West Sussex have been contacted to attempt to replicate your futile attempts to sway Mr.J.Prescott.
To this end we have dispatched a 1200 person signature today to Downing street pleading with the afore mentioned not to destroy anymore greenfield sites in the county such as Falmer.
We have arranged a delegation to meet with a colleague of Mr Prescott at the end of the week, prior ro his announcement in the near future.
So far we have received confirmation that nearly 300 e-mails have been received from us totally opposing any kind of development at falmer.
From our sources at Whitehall we have it on very good faith that the propsal will be rejected out of hand by his dept, regardless of your efforts.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
"Straws" & "clutching" anyone?

Falmer will happen.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
If their "sources at Whitehall" (sic) were any good, they'd know to send a petition to the ODPM, not Downing Street; and they'd know they're not allowed to meet anyone from Prescott's department specifically concerning the Falmer plans... bellends.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
1200 - is that all? We had over 3000 when I signed up to our petition!

Albion Rob

If the emails look anything like what he has written, they will assume they are from a bunch of eight-year-olds and put them straight into their trash folders.

Terribly written.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
If their "sources at Whitehall" (sic) were any good, they'd know to send a petition to the ODPM, not Downing Street; and they'd know they're not allowed to meet anyone from Prescott's department specifically concerning the Falmer plans... bellends.

Anyone bothered to point this out to the poor individual on the official site?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
I did reply to his posting......................

If you have insider knowledge of any decision, you immediately put your case at risk by telling us............we could demand a judicial review.

Your case still has a great way to go if 300 emails and 1200 letters is the best you can do..................65,000 people voted YES to the Falmer site.............and Mr Prescotts office has been sent many many thosands of Letters/emails in favour.

In my opinion you only came onto this site to try upsetting people.
We will get Falmer ..... LIVE WITH IT.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its just tit-for-tat nonsense from a typical deluded NIMBY, worried at the campaign and special unity of those in favour of the stadium. If they're so confident, and have it on such good faith that the plans will be "rejected out of hand" by Prescotts dept, then why go to all the trouble of supposedly contacting all the villages in Sussex, if it's already such a foregone conclusion ? (Bit vague as well - have they written to every villager in Sussex then ? How do you "contact a village" ?).

As for "pleading not to destroy any more greefield sites in the county such as Falmer"....errr, how many have been destroyed so far then ? I've not seen too many concrete swathes devouring the countryside lately. You have to get planning permission from the council to build a frigging sandcastle when the tide goes out nowadays, and even then its opposed by sea-front residents.

Pathetic rubbish.

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Easy 10 said:
You have to get planning permission from the council to build a frigging sandcastle when the tide goes out nowadays, and even then its opposed by sea-front residents.

Pathetic rubbish.

:clap2:

Superbly put as ever.

Mind you, it must be longer than I realised since I was on Brighton beach - SANDcastle?!?

Dandyman

In London village.
Please tell me this is a wind -up. A 70 plus year old retired army officer gentleman farmer and Countryside Alliance member ?

He's either taking the piss, a walking stereotype or one of Looney's relatives. :nono:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Or the landlord of the Swan.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
So far we have received confirmation that nearly 300 e-mails have been received from us totally opposing any kind of development at falmer.

oooOOOOOooo.........300 emails.............mmmm........whoops, I do believe I just shat myself.

I got 72 of my buddies to email JP off my own bat alone - my sister, (Bobby's Gull), got 150+.

60,000 yes's V 1200 petition - this really should be a no-brainer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here