Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] just love this,

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As always… a simple little act that will never be forgotten by the lad - even when he’s a man and got his own kids he’ll still tell this story!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That is simply brilliant

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
That has really cheered up a very mundane Monday start for me. As Sheebo stated, little act like that goes a LONG, LONG way! Fair play to the club!

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Fantastic :rock:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I actually have a comparable Albion story, involving a nine year old lad, just as excited as this Turkish lad. I'm sure I've shared this previously, but anyway...

It's February 2008, and I've driven to Cheltenham with my then nine year old, for one of his first ever away games - possibly the very first (not sure).

We were driving in to the edge of the town at 1pm, when he saw the (KingsFerry) team coach parked outside a hotel. He asked if we could stop, so I pulled over. Just then, the driver pulled the coach up to the door of the hotel, so was obviously expecting everyone to be boarding.

My lad wanted to get out and get a couple of autographs, so we stood and waited for the team to come out. When they did, every single one of them stopped to sign, and a couple of them had a chat with him - Guy Butters and Adam El Abd particularly.

He got back in the car well pleased with himself, and I was just just backing out of my space when I looked in the mirror, and saw Dean Wilkins jump back off the coach and jog over to our car.

'Would he like to travel from here to the ground on the coach?'

So off he goes with Wilkins onto the coach, and I follow them in the car. He sat with Wilkins and Nicky Forster on the coach. Wilkins gave him a copy of the dossier on the opponents to look at, and a bottle of water.

I'm told that the table at the back [Jake Robinson, Cox, Elphick and McFaul] were the rowdy ones, that all the others were making fun of El Abd, and that Michel put YMCA on the stereo - he and the back table doing all the moves!

Needless to say it remains one of the boy's top Albion memories - mercifully now alongside some fantastic ones on the pitch!

TOP man, Dean Wilkins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here