Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just JUST over 12,000 at Selhurst tonight! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
What a horribly pretentious comment. 'This whole crowd thing is beneath me. I'm the bigger person as I can
see both sides of the argument' - aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh. This is a football message board, Palace
are the enemy, it's not a complicated formula

This.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I find the OBSESSION with Palace's attendance very two bob.

We haven't averaged a 10k crowd for 20+ years, get over yourselves.

Who care's its a bit of banter, its the first time that many Albion fans have been able to throw anything back in the face of the gutter crawling scum, we have had to put up with their infantile, illiterate drivel for years, so relax chill out and let those that want to have there fun.

Let the baiting continue :albion2:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Considering 14 of those years included 2 at Gillingham and 12 at Withdean I think it's you who needs getting over yourself. Prior to that the club was being run into the ground for reasons we all know for how many years? That accounts for most of the 20 years you talk about. Your knowledge about The Albion appears as limited as your friends from up the A23. Are you a Palace sympathiser or something because you appear to be with a stupid comment like the above?

El Presidente being an apologist for Palarse as ever.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
El Presidente being an apologist for Palarse as ever.

NO El Pres is simply stating facts in light of a large number of Albion fans embarrassing themselves.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Oh yes You are right "Old Brighton Fans Returning to the club" THE SEASON YOU MOVE INTO A NEW STADIUM :laugh:
They could hardly return last season could they, they wouldn't have fitted into the stadium.
The irony of this site going on about attendances after your fans gave up and LOST your ground says a lot.
You're either fishing, or you're a child who isn't aware of the successful efforts our fans made to save this club.
3-1. 2 point gap. Etc. Etc.
What's this 2 point gap you talk of? Must be a different team.
Well You managed to almost sell out the AMEX why not Withdean, what was stopping you?
We did sell out the Withdean.
The fact that we have offers on the table totalling £15m for players would mean we could wipe out any debts for 7 years if we wanted to.
You have £15m offers on the table? The only way you could know that is if you were one of the owners. f*** me, it shows how shit Palace are that one of the multi million pound owners chooses to spend his time on a rivals forum.
Attendances count for bugger all, it's what happens on the pitch that matters.
They don't. It's because of attendances that we always knew Man City could be a big club, and we know Newcastle could do it too. It affects whether our clubs have the money to buy/keep players etc. It's very important for the future of clubs.
I find the whole obsession with attendances incredibly bizarre.
Your fans seem obsessed with coming here to claim that our fans are plastic, then you're surprised there's a discussion on attendances. When we didn't have our own ground, so our attendances were low, your fans think it's fine to talk about attendances. But now that we have more fans at games than you, suddenly it's weird to discuss it. If crowd size didn't matter, why are your owners trying so hard to get fans in with kids for a pound etc?

Most Palace fans would like a new ground, and most would like crowds of 20,000. If that happens, all your arguments about plastic fans will suddenly disappear, although they will be more appropriate to your club, because as things stand you have a proper football ground (one that I'd have loved to have for the past 14 years) which your fans can't be bothered to go to.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I find the OBSESSION with Palace's attendance very two bob.

We haven't averaged a 10k crowd for 20+ years, get over yourselves.
If Palace win the carling cup, they will, quite rightly, lord it over us. The fact that they haven't won anything as big ever before will be irrelevant. The fact that we haven't had a ground for 14 years, and had an owner intent on destroying our club before that, makes our attendances for the last 20 years fairly irrelevant. As it is, we currently have very good support, and as long as Palace keep claiming it's plastic, we'll keep pointing out it's miles better than their support.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
NO El Pres is simply stating facts in light of a large number of Albion fans embarrassing themselves.

Sorry mate not mine either. Palace fans have been rubbing our noses in it from every possible angle for years. That's changing now.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have to agree, this rubbish about attendances is utterly embarassing. The natrual ebb and flow of football dictates there will be times in both our clubs history where one will attract more fans than the other, it just so happens that we are on the up and palace are experiencing a relative decline, hardly surprising given the current economic climate.
WTF? So I guess we shouldn't talk about football results either, because the <lardy da voice>natural ebb and flow of football dictates there will be times in both our clubs history where one will</lardy da voice> beat the other.
some people are going to look very stupid if they finish above us or god forbid gain promotion.
Regardless of these threads, if Palace finish above us, we'll be pissed off. If we finish above them, they'll be pissed off. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Hdeagle

May 17, 2011
Both our clubs are exceeding our expectations based on pre-season predictions

Merry Xmas to all real football fans

"No To EPPP"

HF05

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Your 'facts' maybe... not mine buddy.

I’m sorry but how many times have we averaged over 10,000 in the last 20 years? How many times have we finished above Palace in the same period? These are not points that sit particularly comfortably with me, especially given where I reside but the facts are they have had better attendances than us and placed higher in the leagues than us for an awful long time, playing the attendance card when we have been stuck in footballing wilderness for such a long time is just embarrassing and makes us look desperate.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
WTF? So I guess we shouldn't talk about football results either, because the <lardy da voice>natural ebb and flow of football dictates there will be times in both our clubs history where one will</lardy da voice> beat the other.
Regardless of these threads, if Palace finish above us, we'll be pissed off. If we finish above them, they'll be pissed off. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

I think you may have missed my point.

Magwitch Gull

Nov 19, 2011
f*** off and die you inbred **** :tosser::moo:

What a lovely turn of phrase! Do some of you not realise that this board is a medium in which we may articulate our thoughts about our club. Why are such posts alowed to appear and by so doing advertise the fact we have inbred idiots in our number.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I’m sorry but how many times have we averaged over 10,000 in the last 20 years? How many times have we finished above Palace in the same period? These are not points that sit particularly comfortably with me, especially given where I reside but the facts are they have had better attendances than us and placed higher in the leagues than us for an awful long time, playing the attendance card when we have been stuck in footballing wilderness for such a long time is just embarrassing and makes us look desperate.

No it makes YOU feel embarrassed and it makes YOU feel we are desperate. What was the capacity in the final years of the Goldstone? Then 2 years at Gillingham and a 90%+ full Withdean stadium for ten years? If that embarrasses you, all well and good, that is your prerogative. But I do not have to, and will not subscribe to your point of view or the Palarse apologist El Pres, simple as that really.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
No it makes YOU feel embarrassed and it makes YOU feel we are desperate. What was the capacity in the final years of the Goldstone? Then 2 years at Gillingham and a 90%+ full Withdean stadium for ten years? If that embarrasses you, all well and good, that is your prerogative. But I do not have to, and will not subscribe to your point of view or the Palarse apologist El Pres, simple as that really.

That’s not my point though, I understand our circumstances restricted our crowds I’m not f*&king stupid. My point is playing the attendance card to Palace is a little rich when (for a whole host of reasons) they have had higher attendances than us, it just makes us look like twats tbh.

You are entitled to your opinion of course, but I just wish fans like yourself conducted themselves with a bit more class. You opinions stir up memories of a family I used to know, never had a pot to piss in, then came into some money and took upon themselves to lord it over people they knew in the area, seemingly forgetting where they had come from, I think this is a fair analogy in this instance.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here