Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
you'd think he'd be asking the questions "who in the Home Office has these cards; what is the process for authorising use" rather than just roll with the Bylinetimes, that failed to make such basic queries. imo we should check on everyone of those payments and others published, investigate and sack those involved in improper use.

(in case not aware, purchases made on government cards, spending published here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/home-office-procurement-card-spend-over-500-2020)

Just rolling with the BylineTimes? An independent publication not owned by billionaires like Lord Rothermere, Barclay brothers, Murdoch etc? That’s a disparaging post from you, without evidence to the contrary.

He is asking questions, as is Bylines Times. There is a reply from the Home Office in this article about it.
https://bylinetimes.com/2021/03/24/home-office-fails-to-explain-strange-expenses/

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
As a general principle I don't have an issue with it. I've hated working from home and can't wait to get back into an office and start interacting with people normally. I'd probably even enjoy the commute for a week or two. It will feel "normal".

It's certainly not JUST rich landlords either. There are hundreds of struggling small businesses that used to be served by office and construction workers. Small pubs, sandwich shops, phone repairers etc. Some pubs in The City got the vast majority of their trade in the week.

As a piece of timing, however, it's up there with Dom's trip to Barnard Castle. We're still locked down you blonde buffoon.

I'll be more than happy to get back into the office in June but not before.

Still in Furlough ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Just rolling with the BylineTimes? An independent publication not owned by billionaires like Lord Rothermere, Barclay brothers, Murdoch etc? That’s a disparaging post from you, without evidence to the contrary.

He is asking questions, as is Bylines Times. There is a reply from the Home Office in this article about it.
https://bylinetimes.com/2021/03/24/home-office-fails-to-explain-strange-expenses/

i'd read the article. they asked HO for response and didnt seem to accept the response. :shrug: just because they are independent doesnt mean they have high standards, i can spot false detail and they run with an agenda this is personal spending without any verification (except the dismissed response). as i say it looks like appalling waste of public money if these purchases haven't been authorised, the people involved should go. lets hope they follow up with more in depth investigation.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Largely because the NHS has managed to successfully rollout a vaccine programme and the Government has managed to convince those not paying attention that this is because of, rather than in spite of, themselves.

Balanced and impartial as ever A1X. There wouldn't be enough vaccines for the succesful NHS rollout if it wasn't for HM government taking the right decisions at the right time. Thank goodness we didn't listen to those condemning the UK for not going down the EU procurement route...

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Largely because the NHS has managed to successfully rollout a vaccine programme and the Government has managed to convince those not paying attention that this is because of, rather than in spite of, themselves.

If the roll out wasn’t “successful” I just know you’d be queuing up to blame the Government and not the NHS, it’s called Andy Murray syndrome!

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

Surely even someone that loathes the UK as much as you must recognise this Herculean effort that has gone on from all parties? From our magnificent NHS to our military planning geniuses to our procurement team. Also, some thanks must go to the 17.4 million that voted to leave the busted flush of the EU? We are quite literally saving thousands of lives.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Priti Patel has been seriously fiddling the expenses

[tweet]1375743661678411778[/tweet]

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
126k of taxpayers money

ExnxxROXIAIx1SX.jpeg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
126k of taxpayers money

View attachment 135411

I think we already know that Johnson's whole life professional, personal and political is built on lies, the Tories under his leadership have lost their moral compass.

The other thing is he is incredibly good at is wasting other people's money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here