Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I could, but I'd better not; you might 'close the door' impetuously again and so it would prove to be another pointless exchange.
Wouldn't it?

That was yesterday, today is a new day, come on explain to me? Why is unfortunate that a few on here don’t care?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Who on earth would do that???

Just the 14 point lead in the latest poll and 50 + consecutive polls showing a Tory lead ...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_next_United_Kingdom_general_election

Obviously more memes, tropes and echo chamber retweets needed to turn the tide ... especially on football forum's [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Don’t forget it’s unfortunate there are several on here who either don't agree or simply don't care.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
That was yesterday, today is a new day, come on explain to me? Why is unfortunate that a few on here don’t care?

Today's sudden volte face isn't convincing and neither is the imperative, urgent tone of your response.
I am happy to engage in a genuine, serious, impersonal exchange of views but I am not persuaded that is what you want.
Also your mantra-like repetitions of my comments seem provocative and desperate.
Have another go..... or don't

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Don’t forget it’s unfortunate there are several on here who either don't agree or simply don't care.

It's extremely unfortunate so few in the country seemingly care about rampant corruption.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Who on earth would do that???

Just the 14 point lead in the latest poll and 50 + consecutive polls showing a Tory lead ...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_next_United_Kingdom_general_election

Obviously more memes, tropes and echo chamber retweets needed to turn the tide ... especially on football forum's [emoji106]

Back in tandem again :thumbsup:

mqdefault.jpg

Makes me quite misty eyed for the good old days when Brexit was all sunny uplands, new opportunities and technological solutions, before JCFG had to get a job leaving Chicken Run all alone 'entertaining' himself on NSC all day :wink:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It's extremely unfortunate so few in the country seemingly care about rampant corruption.

Their silence from the usual suspects on this board regarding the Greensil scandal is deafening.

They love being lied too

They love being made poorer

They love making the Tory elite richer

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Their silence from the usual suspects on this board regarding the Greensil scandal is deafening.

They love being lied too

I've often thought that there's a few of us would look extremely foolish if it turned out after all of this, that JCFG, Ppf, Baker lite and Chicken run were all business geniuses and partners in a some large scale investment company making millions out of Brexit, PPE, Track & Trace and the various other cronyistic contracts awarded by this Government. The 'sad loser, angry at everything and everyone' type characters that they play on NSC simply being part of the ingenious plan :blush:

Because surely, they can't really be as naïve as they seem on here, could they :wink:

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

They love being lied too

It's not just on here though. It's all over the country. We see things coming out about senior Government ministers which 20 years ago would have been sacking offences and people just don't care. It's extraordinary.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Today's sudden volte face isn't convincing and neither is the imperative, urgent tone of your response.
I am happy to engage in a genuine, serious, impersonal exchange of views but I am not persuaded that is what you want.
Also your mantra-like repetitions of my comments seem provocative and desperate.
Have another go..... or don't

You pose a lot questions, you don’t like answering them, oh well....

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I've often thought that there's a few of us would look extremely foolish if it turned out after all of this, that JCFG, Ppf, Baker lite and Chicken run were all business geniuses and partners in a some large scale investment company making millions out of Brexit, PPE, Track & Trace and the various other cronyistic contracts awarded by this Government. The 'sad loser, angry at everything and everyone' type characters that they play on NSC simply being part of the ingenious plan :blush:

Because surely, they can't really be as naïve as they seem on here, could they :wink:

I’m starting to think you’ve got shares in ‘Last Edited’ [emoji6]

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
You pose a lot questions, you don’t like answering them, oh well....

Now you are becoming 'the Jehovah's Witness at the door!'
Just to repeat, if you wish to engage in a sensible, civil debate then great. But your sneering, vacuous remarks combined with your tendency to flounce off suggest otherwise.
Maybe try again?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Now you are becoming 'the Jehovah's Witness at the door!'
Just to repeat, if you wish to engage in a sensible, civil debate then great. But your sneering, vacuous remarks combined with your tendency to flounce off suggest otherwise.
Maybe try again?

Ok, I’ll ask nicely, could you perhaps explain why it’s unfortunate that ‘several on here’ don’t agree or don’t care?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So Matt Hancock has taken shares in Topwood Ltd, they offer shredding, document storage, and scanning services, alas this family business got a contract with the NHS

Oh, the optics of investing in a shredding company with an inquiry inevitably on the way......

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Ok, I’ll ask nicely, could you perhaps explain why it’s unfortunate that ‘several on here’ don’t agree or don’t care?

I am not convinced, but it's worth making an effort if you refrain from silly sideswipes and facile metaphors....

There are tribal allegiances expressed on both/all sides of the political divide exacerbated by the calamitous Brexit vote. Some on here simply defend the Party line even in the face of damning but convincing evidence. Rather than me pointing to them or naming them just look at the numerous partisan comments on this thread.

If the scandal concerned the much vilified Diane Abbot (and I am not a particular fan, nor a Party member), as the poster suggested, the outrage in mainstream Tory media would be off the scale. The response to Cameron seems muted in comparison (as if it's rather more acceptable)... Some even claim that in spite of the manifest government lies and corruption, we are better off/it doesn't matter because 'all MPs are the same.' They are not. Some are decent conviction-politicians who believe wholeheartedly in what they do. In all Parties. It's just that they are not the people in government.

if you are genuinely interested then watch this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH6cRkRgaFI

I hope you recognise I have made an effort and you can make a reasonable response. That's the true test.

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I am not convinced, but it's worth making an effort if you refrain from silly sideswipes and facile metaphors....

There are tribal allegiances expressed on both/all sides of the political divide exacerbated by the calamitous Brexit vote. Some on here simply defend the Party line even in the face of damning but convincing evidence. Rather than me pointing to them or naming them just look at the numerous partisan comments on this thread.

If the scandal concerned the much vilified Diane Abbot (and I am not a particular fan, nor a Party member), as the poster suggested, the outrage in mainstream Tory media would be off the scale. The response to Cameron seems muted in comparison (as if it's rather more acceptable)... Some even claim that in spite of the manifest government lies and corruption, we are better off/it doesn't matter because 'all MPs are the same.' They are not. Some are decent conviction-politicians who believe wholeheartedly in what they do. In all Parties. It's just that they are not the people in government.

if you are genuinely interested then watch this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH6cRkRgaFI

I hope you recognise I have made an effort and you can make a reasonable response.

But a few bods on a football forum who disagree with you are not reflected in real society, I don’t think it’s unfortunate, unless of course you think they are reflective of the people off site which could possibly mean you could be shouting at a brick wall.

Thank you for the time you took to reply btw, a quick question, why did you join the forum only recently?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here