Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just got in

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Once as far as I can remember v Charlton.

Good shout! And you're probably spot on.

I am going senile...that is the one and only game I did miss :lol: I had a good excuse though as I was on my way to Reykjavik :thumbsup:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Charlton he played the full 90 mins.

But we do have to manage his workload. His fitness record the last few yeras hasn't been great so I have every confidence in the medical staff to manage him professionally.

Happy Birthday BZ, and thanks.

PG

Not v Brizzle he didn't.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Charlton he played the full 90 mins.

But we do have to manage his workload. His fitness record the last few yeras hasn't been great so I have every confidence in the medical staff to manage him professionally.

Happy Birthday BZ, and thanks.

PG

I didn't think he did, but I'm not confident enough in that thought so I'll take your word for it.

Agreed on the medical staff know best. As I said, not a dig, just curious. We need to do all we can to protect him and just get as many minutes out of him as we can.

Oh, echo the Happy Birthday Bobby!, and thanks sentiments too :thumbsup:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Eh supporters wondering why a 35 year old (striker) has his playing minutes managed to benefit the team and the players welfare. Really? The guy is THIRTY FIVE YEARS OLD......not a spring chicken. No cloak & daggers here, move along please.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Eh supporters wondering why a 35 year old (striker) has his playing minutes managed to benefit the team and the players welfare. Really? The guy is THIRTY FIVE YEARS OLD......not a spring chicken. No cloak & daggers here, move along please.

Agreed

attachment.php

Attachments

• bz-stats.png
    bz-stats.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,623

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Been home a little while.
It wasn't a pretty game of football. We weren't good. We've lost that drive in midfield but hopefully the boys will start to rebuild that confidence.
Great effort by those who've travelled up and safe journey home.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Which begs the question on another thread that still no one has answered...Will Bobby ever play a full 90 minutes again?, and if not, is it because of age, injuries or a combination of both?

He will play a full 90 minutes again. In this year's play off final. Scoring a 92nd minute winner. It is written in the stars. :albion2:

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
Apart from that one goal from a jinking run has he actually done anything to suggest he is any better than what we already have?

Lovely finish against Derby as well; not sure our other forwards have the agility and finesse to score a goal like that (not that there's been an abundance of quality crosses recently to test the theory).

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
Just back myself, thought we needed LuaLua in the second half when they started to push forward. Dunk and Goldson played well together Zamora my man of the match.

If anyone still travelling home by safe it's not the best of nights for travelling

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
True. I suppose I just am concerned that these are just one off flashes as he does not seem to have done much else?

I do agree with you, certainly hasn't hit the heights it looked like he would. Can only hope that whatever illness he has been suffering from has gone now and he can regain his fitness - I have no doubt that he's a quality player and will go on to prove that in the coming months.

D

Deleted member 2719

He has also said he is happy to play a cameo role in order to help, he doesn't mind the 20 minute stints from the bench. I think you are reading far too deep into it. He's available, he is used as the manager sees best. Really is that simple.
Why would Chris want him playing a cameo role when he is the only real quality we have? Will 20 min stints keep a 35 year old sharp ready for that odd half chance that may appear? I believe at his age he needs his match sharpness and his experience to compete against champion/premiership defenders, that how we will get the best from him. Who wants a part time striker?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I do agree with you, certainly hasn't hit the heights it looked like he would. Can only hope that whatever illness he has been suffering from has gone now and he can regain his fitness - I have no doubt that he's a quality player and will go on to prove that in the coming months.

Hasn't learnt to head a ball yet

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
I would say Zamora is myself. I also think Baldock's running and off the ball game is better or at least on a par with Wilson. Hemed has been half the player in front of goal with Wilson than with Baldock.
I am just not convinced yet, but he is young so will improve and deserves a chance.

Zamora I think as a 35 yr old target man has lots of other attributes which help hold up the ball, bring players into the game etc. Hemed put in a good defensive shift in today too. Baldock is a great runner no doubt, but few goals. In terms of who I would want in front of the goal with a chance it's Wilson for me.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Zamora I think as a 35 yr old target man has lots of other attributes which help hold up the ball, bring players into the game etc. Hemed put in a good defensive shift in today too. Baldock is a great runner no doubt, but few goals. In terms of who I would want in front of the goal with a chance it's Wilson for me.

Where was Baldock today? Not even on the bench.

lfc

Sep 2, 2011
A semi independent review of todays performances from yours truly....bear in mind this is one of few games Ive seen you in this season so players may have had blips etc...

Stockdale - terrible and will cost you games. No command of his area. Made a couple of good saves to be fair to him but his allround game was poor. Seems harsh to criticise after a clean sheet but that was more through luck than a good performance in Stockdales case.
Bruno - average
Dunk - played well, had to deal with Brown for Blackburn knocking him about and being physical, and did it well.
Goldson - looked very shaky, poor on the ball.
Ridgewell - experienced and you know what you are getting with him. Decent player and did ok
Knockaert - little bit ineffective today but you can see glimpses that he'll be good.
Murphy - similar to Knockaert, did well in patches especially first half, could have done better with a few things but did ok.
Kayal and Stephens - both work hard but you need more from your central midfielders. A for effort C for ability, poor going forward/no creativity out of them
Zamora - your best player by a distance today, touch and hold up play is brilliant. Should have scored a couple more
Hemed - looks slow, wasnt impressed by him today.

As a team you worked hard, I thought Blackburn possibly deserved a point but sometimes footy doesnt work like that. Good win and deserved for workrate if not for quality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here