Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just got home - post-match thoughts on Huddersfield

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I agree with many comments that at times we have to be adaptable. Both Fulham and Huddersfield have both out-played us in the middle of the park, allowing their full-backs to push on causing us problems out-wide. I think Bruno is having a tougher time of it recently, and he has been poor all-round for sometime now - hopefully he can play his way back to form. For those that have questioned Baldock's role in the team, last night was a great example where without pace and clever runs, it is just too easy for centre-halves, not worrying about getting done for pace allowing their fullbacks to push up with confidence - it was the same against Cardiff. That said, we didn't collapse, even when Dunk got sent off.. all the goals were horribly scruffy, but whereas in other games we have got away with it, last night we just didn't. Mid-week away games can turn up these results sometimes, that its hasn't happened before this season is the remarkable thing. No need to panic in the same way that a win last night would not have been the signal to assume it was all done..
Loved CH post-match interview - very straight forward and honest.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think Bruno is having a tougher time of it recently, and he has been poor all-round for sometime now - hopefully he can play his way back to form.

You lost me here...

Prior to his injury at Preston, we won 10 out of 12, and kept 7 clean sheets...Bruno was poor during that period!? :mad:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Another thought, is Van La Parra consistently that good? If so we missed a trick not getting him instead of Murphy or Skalak imo

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Murray and Hemed together doesn't work.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I am baffled as to why more fans have not picked up on this!!!!, with 2 very slow strikers on the pitch we basically got overrun - they're too slow to close down effectively. Really needs a complete re-think for Sunday as the same will happen again if we start with those 2 upfront again. Go 5 in midfield if need be

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am baffled as to why more fans have not picked up on this!!!!, with 2 very slow strikers on the pitch we basically got overrun - they're too slow to close down effectively. Really needs a complete re-think for Sunday as the same will happen again if we start with those 2 upfront again. Go 5 in midfield if need be

Most of NSC had worked out that Murray and Hemed as a front two was not a good front two before a ball was kicked. Hopefully Akpom proves good or Baldock recovers and can play more than about 5 games without getting injured. It could make a big difference to our results on the run in. Play Hemed and Murray or some half arsed experiment with any of the wingers in the no 10 position and we will struggle to keep our form up..imo

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
A result like that has been coming a while. We have been comprehensively outplayed on a number of occasions for half an hour or so but then managed to score whilst the opposition fluffed chance after chance. Last night Huddersfield had a bit of luck but never took their foot off the gas.

Be interesting to see how we recover, we have had the rub of the green for most of the season, we didn't have it last night

I actually agree with you.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

You lost me here...

Prior to his injury at Preston, we won 10 out of 12, and kept 7 clean sheets...Bruno was poor during that period!? :mad:
relative to the standards he set earlier in the season, I think he had been struggling before last night - someone else said he had been playing whilst injured, and that may be the reason, I wasn't aware of that. The wins are great, the season is fantastic, but just not convinced that we have been playing that well recently - Not singling Bruno out last night, it was a dire performance all round, but still think it's OK to look beyond the results. For me, if we don't dominate the midfield, then we are vulnerable out wide, and Bruno, at his age, is a little more vulnerable than most in what has been a great back 4.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here