Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just Got Back

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I thought Baldock looked ok. Obviously no Murray or Ulloa but I think he'll do well for us once he gets going.
LuaLua looked great, shame we can't have him playing at that temp for 60-90 minutes.
Good shout for Bruno, he had a good game, as well as Dunk.
Blackpool were awful, we weren't as bad but just could put it in the net.

I genuinely think we've got a class set of players and I'm bewildered as to why we're unable to destroy teams like this.

Oh well, onwards and upwards.

Or do you mean onwards and downwards?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I thought LuaLua looked brilliant. Most importantly, his decision-making was pretty much faultless. And that's not something that I often say about him.

I thought he gave some urgency and his pace earned a free kick or two but I really don't get it with him. He's a one trick pony with pace. Paddy looked class though

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Blackpool were the worst team I have seen in a very long time and today we matched them for large chunks of then game, I am all for giving Hypia time but we look far to narrow

Which I find odd, we played 4-5-1 and destroyed Leeds (albeit, they're awful) We don't have a game plan, we don't have a plan B and we're stuck in the same quagmire we've been in for a few seasons. We stick to 4-3-3, which from my own interpretation is a very, very limited formation with no flexibility.

If we intend on using wing backs, then surely 4-2-3-1 would be the better formation. As the wing backs go forward the defence spreads out to cover and the defensive midfielders drop back to help defend, this then makes the formation look as though it's now 5-4-1 with all attacking players linking up. If we lose position, we still have 5 players to rely on whilst our midfield reorganises itself.

Maybe I've played too much football manager, but that to me is the only logical formation for use of wing backs....

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think Holla is a player to be most positive about though. He just seems to be on top of his game every time. I'd like to see him and Paddy get a run together.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
We are utter shiiite at the moment. Worst since the Slade days. Difficult to see where a winning formation, starting 11, and performance is coming from.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Don't get all the Baldock hatred. Looked ok to me bar the one obvious moment when he should have had a shot. Spent most of the match from
35 minutes on playing wide so not ideal. Didn't really see why Colunga was meant to offer more in the middle.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Baldock looks like cms mk2 huffing and puffing but no cutting edge. League one standard

Disagree, I don't think Baldock is the same as CMS, Baldock is more of a Colunga or David Rodriguez, plenty of pace but comes deep goes wide and doesn't hurt anyone.
Why has the art of Ian Rush, running across the defenders and bending the run gone?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Let's face it, it was a poor performance throughout the team!.

JOAO TEIXEIRA was so off his game, I couldn't believe it was him!..
And as for COLUNGA's first shot on goal of the game, I've seen 10 year old girls kick footballs harder then that!..

I didn't see a team in transition, i just saw a bunch of blokes forgetting how to do the basics!.
Fully deserved the booing off at FT!.
Indeed....... Joao seemed to lose the ability to pass once he had beaten one or even two players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here