Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just got back from Walsall game...

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Thats fair enough, but as TCB said, thats what makes him probably our best player. I agree the expectation levels may have made it a bit harder for him, but even then, the fact he has not won the award since being here is mystifying.

Yeah it is strange but going back to what I said earlier I think it's because it is expected of him, I agree that this is wrong and totally unfair.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Well I love Forster and seeing that goal with the associated high praise from Claridge on the Football League show earlier was AWESOME.

I really hope he can continue in this vein because I'd hate for him to retire at the end of a nothing season for us. With any luck we've put our relegation worries behind us and won't have to face a blind panic at the end of the season like we did last, however this means it won't be a very dramatic end to the campaign. Assuming Forster stays on (and I sincerely hope he does) it would be good if he could actually achieve something with us to decorate his CV with.

Ideally we'd make it to the playoff final next season, thus fulfilling Fozzie's as yet unfulfilled dream of playing at Wembley. The loyalty, passion, commitment and sheer class he has shown surely deserves better than to see out his playing days in a team of scrappers battling to achieve mid table mediocrity.

Jimmy Grimble

On the money Bluejuice.

I'm sure he'll win it this year. Not really any close contenders. If he does go off the boil towards the end of the season hopefully people wont forget what he has contributed already this season, goals, assists and trouble to opposition defenders.

And that cheeky little winding-up thing he does to oppo fans. That's well GURD, innit?

He'll be hard to replace and it's a shame we haven't been able to use him in a side to get us out of this division because he's capable of it. Wasted his quality a bit.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If memory serves me correct this is the 3rd time away this season Forster has managed to provoke an angry response from the away end with a goal celebration - Swindon / Wycombe previous.

Perhaps he should tone it down a bit otherwise he may be subject to an FA charge.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
If memory serves me correct this is the 3rd time away this season Forster has managed to provoke an angry response from the away end with a goal celebration - Swindon / Wycombe previous.

Perhaps he should tone it down a bit otherwise he may be subject to an FA charge.

Wycombe twice wasn't it?
Thought i saw him actually end up in amongst the Wycombe fans after scoring the penalty in the FA Cup 1st leg.
Not sure if that actually happened, i was in some kind of state of stupid over-reaction-ness at the time.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Well I love Forster and seeing that goal with the associated high praise from Claridge on the Football League show earlier was AWESOME.

I really hope he can continue in this vein because I'd hate for him to retire at the end of a nothing season for us. With any luck we've put our relegation worries behind us and won't have to face a blind panic at the end of the season like we did last, however this means it won't be a very dramatic end to the campaign. Assuming Forster stays on (and I sincerely hope he does) it would be good if he could actually achieve something with us to decorate his CV with.

Ideally we'd make it to the playoff final next season, thus fulfilling Fozzie's as yet unfulfilled dream of playing at Wembley. The loyalty, passion, commitment and sheer class he has shown surely deserves better than to see out his playing days in a team of scrappers battling to achieve mid table mediocrity.

Couldn't agree more.What an absolute gem that bloke is.

HarryNT

Kele is God
Dec 15, 2009
A question to those that went to the game. Where did Matt Richards play and did he look good?
P.S - Awful haircut! :laugh:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

Totally agree, a brilliant player, a role model and a leader. For £75k, that is a steal. He did do the most ridiculous dive to try and get a penalty yesterday, it was so bad you had to laugh, somehow he escaped a booking. Tremendous goal yesterday too

Did anyone try Mr Sizzle's burger van? There were 3 or 4 around the town centre and they were doing a meal deal, which was a burger and chips meal for one English pound

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Did anyone try Mr Sizzle's burger van? There were 3 or 4 around the town centre and they were doing a meal deal, which was a burger and chips meal for one English pound

Really? ONE Pound? :ohmy:

Do they have this Mr Sizzle's at Aston Villa Park?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here