Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just got back from Roots Hall

Mar 12, 2008
Wow, what a game. Plenty of entertainment and talking points.

Game burst into life when Revell went for a challenge on Kuipers....only he was about 10 minutes late. Sadly I wasn't in the Brighton end, was sat near the halfway line so perhaps someone who was closer can give their view? I reckon Revell was pretty lucky to get away with a yellow, it looked horribly late. Kuipers also got booked for jumping up and going mental. I don't blame him tho.

Southend were by far the better team in the first half. They also started the second half pretty brightly. We cleared the ball off the line a couple of times, once in each half I think, and Kuipers pulled off a couple of decent saves. They will feel pretty aggrieved to come away with nothing.

The turning point was the Southend sending off in the second half, 50/50 tackle with Virgo and their lad was a bit late (and high). Looked nasty and he got a red. Coxy moved inside to play behind the front two and all of a sudden there was only going to be one winner. Neat turn and shot by Murray for the first goal.

The second was a cracker, bit of one touch footie. Cox played to Murray who played in Thomson. A pass across goal to Forster.....2-0. Amazing what we can do when we play the ball on the ground.

Cracking away support.

And to the doughnut who started that Revell v Murray thread......ha ha. He was getting slated by the Southend fans around me!

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Glad to hear it was a good game. lets drop that now i admit that i was talking crap, what i meant was i liked revell a lot. Was my favourite player.

Murray is a better footballer, lets put that behind us lol

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Were Brighton punting it up the field like the Bristol game or passing in to feet more?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Murray will score goals for fun and despite that laid back look is a superb player and coupled with Forster is a strike force to fear.

Mar 12, 2008
First half going long, wasn't very good. The two Southend centre backs were pretty big and heading everything away.

After the sending off we finally started knocking it around on the floor and looked good (ok, it was against 10 men).

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Forster and Murray do seem to have a good partnership going. Didn't think Forster would be quite as prolific this season but so far so good. Looks like he is gona score many more.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I agree with most of those comments. I thought the Revell tackle (from where I was sitting) looked pretty horrific and Kuipers' reaction was only natural. Was Kuipers right to get yellow carded? Yes. Would Revell have got sent off if this hadn't been in the first 5 minutes? Yes.

Southend totally outplayed us in the first half. I remember thinking that if nothing was changed at half time we would lose the game. Fortunately a late tackle from Southend's muppet changed the game for us. Well taken goal by Murray. Loft came on and injected a bit more life in to the game and it was him that set-up the 2nd goal. Maybe MA will be bold enough to try out Loft on the left in our next game (on the assumption Mcleod isn't match fit).

Great away support as always, a few moaners about people sitting in the wrong seat but great nevertheless. I also got to see Braders without a shirt on, that was the highlight of my evening :love:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Did the stewards let you stand?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

barney

Jul 31, 2006
not a whisper from the stewards

we are top of the league say we are top of the league

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
When Murray scored,did some fans go onto the pitch?

barney

Jul 31, 2006
was stood up near the back didn't see anyone on the pitch but saw a lot of stewards gathering near the front

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
When Murray scored,did some fans go onto the pitch?

Possibly in the corner, but it was a bit confusing since the the players ran to the crowd in the corner, and the subs joined in as well.

f***ing great for Murray actually, a little made on here about him being a pissed off with the fans and unhappy, but he was estatic when he scored and ran right to the fans.

Cracking atmosphere there tonight, both crowds getting on individual opposing players backs, full of incident - all in all a cracking nights entertainment.

The stewards did congregate in front of the Brighton fans after goal but disapeared after about 5 minutes.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
cor you must have been not far from me i was row behind a couple of seats along

Were you on the coach? I hate to say it but i'm fairly bad with names and faces so you were either the guy slamming on the wall behind you, or you were sitting next to the guy that was :lol:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Possibly in the corner, but it was a bit confusing since the the players ran to the crowd in the corner, and the subs joined in as well.

f***ing great for Murray actually, a little made on here about him being a pissed off with the fans and unhappy, but he was estatic when he scored and ran right to the fans.

Cracking atmosphere there tonight, both crowds getting on individual opposing players backs, full of incident - all in all a cracking nights entertainment.

The stewards did congregate in front of the Brighton fans after goal but disapeared after about 5 minutes.

Sounds quality all round.I was going to go,wish i had.So pleased for Murray to get off the mark.
Also a big shout for Fozzie,can he keep his goal a game ratio going?
Beat Orient next week and there's a good chance Adams might get the manager of the month award.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
lol alex and a bit of both,spent most of the journey standing on the coach

Ahhhh yes I remember you now :D I was the lone person getting off at Pease Pottage. You going Cobblers Paint Pot game on the coach too?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here