Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just got back from Burton

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Half time tweet from Burton Mail

Burton Mail Sport ‏@BurtonMailSport 12h
Brighton have clearly turned up badly wanting this one. They're better than both Wigan and QPR. @burtonalbionfc have a tough half to go.

Interestingly, they also thought Calde's red card was harsh.

Burton Mail Sport @BurtonMailSport · 11h
88: red card for Inigo Calderon for a dangerous challenge on Robbie Weir. Bit of a harsh decision. #BAFC

[tweet]514874777962827776[/tweet]

It was a difficult one to judge from the angle of the seats as I saw Calde go up in the air & thought he'd been challenged by the Burton player, rather than the other way around.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Do you watch the games he's always getting away with stuff more so now dunk is mopping up his mistakes

Yes I do, and I stand by my assertion that Greer has been the most consistent this season. He hasn't had a bad game so far whereas Dunk was, by most accounts, very poor at Brentford until he was subbed, & Hughes has made a couple of minor slips when he's played.

I imagine you're one of the long term Greer-haters, whereas I try to judge each performance on its merits. If Greer has a bad one, I'll happily say so. But he's arguably an improved performer this season (as, Brentford aside, is Dunk), which is to his credit at his age. I don't think Dunk has done a lot wrong, but he's not carrying Greer any more than Greer is carrying him.

It's just frustrating that we've conceded more goals this year, despite few obvious clangers by the centre halves. I don't think either of the full backs, whichever ones have played, have really justified their positions yet.

Loadicus Trux

Jan 12, 2012
Were we really "solid" at the back?

Two Burton efforts cleared off the line, where you could argue that is good defending, and a couple of other passages of play where a better team would have punished us.

Renns

Renns Junior
Nov 8, 2006
Huddersfield/Birmingham
I wasn't at the game so I'm unaware of what was said.

I was standing right in front of the bloke who said something. All he shouted was "a bit harder next time, David" (sarcastically) after he was aiming for Calde on the wing and it sailed over his head. This lead to Stockdale scouring at the direction of the comment for a few seconds and then spitting his gum in our direction.

Pretty silly really!

In more detail about the game, thought Chicksen was poor throughout, Macca lacked confidence and O'Grady showed that he does have a good touch and can hold it up, but thats about it. Dunk played well and was probably MOM.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here